Say something to motivate me

Options
I have been so busy with my sons first birthday party that I have fallen off the wagon a bit for the last 4 or 5 days.

What is something you would tell me to kick my *kitten* back into gear?

(This post is just for good fun, obviously I have not completely fallen off the wagon, I just want to hear everyone's motivational thoughts :) )

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    take a step back, look at where you are and where you want to be. the short lived satisfaction of eating junk food and slacking off on exercise is so minimal compared to the feeling of reaching those health and fitness goals that you set for yourself

you said it was your sons first birthday... how great would it be to be able to take him to the park or the beach and be able to keep up with a young kid (who always have a ton of energy) and play with him all day, as opposed to getting tuckered out fast and having to cut the day short. and think of the example that you could set for him, dont you want to be the best you can be to encourage him to do the same?
  • Dwinklepleck
    Dwinklepleck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do what i do....Strip and stand in front of a mirror...

If you are 100% happy with what you see then to hell with it...

If you are not...
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Last time I "fell off the wagon" I went from 190lbs to 260lbs. Nip it in the bud now, even maintain for a while, but don't go full weight gain :P
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Write out a cheque for $100 for the political party you most dislike, and post date it for one year from now. Put it somewhere you'll see it every day (ie noticeboard etc). One year from now, either send the cheque if you weigh more than your current weight, or rip it up if you weigh less.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Write out a cheque for $100 for the political party you most dislike, and post date it for one year from now. Put it somewhere you'll see it every day (ie noticeboard etc). One year from now, either send the cheque if you weigh more than your current weight, or rip it up if you weigh less.

That would do it for me.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Think about why you started in the first place…
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options

That's a really interesting idea
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
    -Wayne Dyer
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    How bad do you want this? If you want it - you'll do it. If you don't - you won't. Simple.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I can't.
    If you can't motivate yourself, it's not going to happen.
  • JennyBilyeu
    JennyBilyeu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    In the immortal words of my Army Uncle...."Off yer *kitten*, on yer feet...outta the shade and into the heat!!"
    He always told us that when we would slack doing something, or drag our feet.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I can't.

If you are going to follow me this morning - you must share the nachos. :heart:
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    So what's your excuse for next week? Life is going to carry on around you, make your health doable day in, day out. Fit it in, be as creative as your excuses. Or as Master Yoda would say "Do or do not, there is no try"
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Not worth the strike.....
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I can't.

And if you aren't keeping up, I'm going to eat you and your cheesecake. No :heart:
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    "“Everything is meaningless,” says the Teacher, “completely meaningless!”

What do people get for all their hard work under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth never changes. The sun rises and the sun sets, then hurries around to rise again. The wind blows south, and then turns north. Around and around it goes, blowing in circles. Rivers run into the sea, but the sea is never full. Then the water returns again to the rivers and flows out again to the sea. Everything is wearisome beyond description. No matter how much we see, we are never satisfied. No matter how much we hear, we are not content."
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I can't.

And if you aren't keeping up, I'm going to eat you and your cheesecake. No :heart:
    how YOU doin?
  • bombshellinprogress
    bombshellinprogress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I can't.

Completely agree!