Looking for some friends!

Options
Hello!

I am looking for some support. I am 31 years old, getting married in a year and the heaviest I have ever been (minus the few pounds I lost this week). I am looking for friends who need some friendly motivation and to help each other along the way. I have tried to lose weight so many times before. I have even managed to lose 20 pounds a few times too, but I always put the weight back on, and then some. I am getting worried about my health. I have about 125 pounds to lose and have started running again.

I also love to cook, so I am looking for healthy recipes that don't make my husband-to-be suffer (even though he could lose about 30 pounds too :P)

Replies

• amandagorder
    amandagorder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me im on every day! this site is really motivating! I Also LOVE TO COOK!!! ive just substituted apple chips for cookies and started mastering my Angelfood cake. :smile: im also on trying to lose weight; duh, for my wedding too. good luck
  • Craigtp91
    Craigtp91 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, just starting using MFP again yesterday.
  • suprangela79
    suprangela79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Add me too! Second day back with MFP and I have about 100 lbs to lose and am trying to get back into running as well!
  • captaindle
    captaindle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Just joined MFP for the first time last week and I'm loving it so far. Also really need the motivation. My boyfriend of 5 years is a foodie and loves to cook and it seems everything we do revolves around food. Believe me, I feel you!
  • meganislosingit
    meganislosingit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks new friends! :)
  • nikki_hayter
    nikki_hayter Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We have a lot in common! I'm 31, started with 130 pounds to lose. Have lost 75 so far. I'd love to support you. Feel free to add me!
  • NerdyAdventurer
    NerdyAdventurer Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • sdmlr
    sdmlr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello, would love to have friends and motivation. Last week lost 5 pounds stuck to it like glue, not this week. Does anyone have any suggestions about snacks and constant grazing. Can do great at meals then wreck it with snacking especially at night.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you.
    You can do anything as long as you don't quit.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Please add me.
    Been there, done that, zipped up and down like a yo-yo, don't care to do it again. We gotta change habits.
  • xRedRockerx
    xRedRockerx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Heya, feel free to add me too! I'm 18 and I've got around 30lbs to lose, I try and log every day so hopefully we can all motivate each other :)
    Good luck!