Just feeling frustrated body image

Options
Hey there. I wasn't sure where to create this thread, so if it's in the wrong place just delete or let it die. I have been eating grilled chicken, boneless and skinless, as well as incorporating as many vegetables and whole grains into my 1200-1400 cal diet as possible. I work out three days a week doing 30 minutes of cardio like jogging on the treadmill, but sometimes I do weighted squats... I walked into the dressing room yesterday and looked...like this. All I can see is leg fat. I don't even know what to do because no matter what I do I will always look like crap. Then there are girls in my health class that have long, slender legs after doing...nothing. This is just how I look when I am trying. Now I'm worried about when school kicks in and I will have less time for myself. Sorry for the rant...I'm just frustrated.

Replies

• fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    I was actually feeling like this today myself. Dressing room mirrors are pure evil. I cant imagine anyone looking good in them! I'm not sure what I can say to help, seeing as I know where you're coming from. I hope someone can say something helpful xxx
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    It is helpful. I'm glad I'm not the only one feels that way even after new regimen. It makes me think, "well, if she's gorgeous and says she looks bad in there too maybe there's some hope for me!"
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    No one is always happy with how they look, but you're working on it! I've seen a lot of people have success with more weight training, but as far as those skinny fat girls with the perfect legs go, sometimes it's just genetic.

You're doing a good job; keep at it! So many of us on here wish we looked as good as you do!
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    I do have the opportunity to start weight training, but I feel a bit lost when in the gym. Normally I have DVDs and Xbox fitness. A cruddy barbell from Wally World that I'm thinking about adding sand filled milk jugs to bc iron isn't cheap....and 8 lb dumbells. I like doing DVDs or classes because then I can just mindlessly do the thing.
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    The genetic factor worries me...
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Most people don't look fabulous without clothes on, quite frankly.

I have pretty chunky legs/thighs too, and always will, but I was walking down the street last week and actually got some admiring looks from a few guys (some of them might even qualify as cute) for the first time in 10 years. I don't think they actually cared about the bit of flab which is still at the top of my thighs under my clothes.

You can't change genetics, but honestly, it's just the baseline of what you have to work with.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine. You're 5'3", young, and around 120, and you've lost 20 lbs. Congratulations!I know we short gals won't have those long slender legs like the tall gals, but you've made tremendous progress and are well within the normal weight range. I often feel like that in dressing rooms. How do they light those places -- with strobe lights? And while we're on the subject, how many normal weight, average looking guys are looking in mirrors tearing themselves apart? I've seen guys with pot bellies and receding hairlines think they're the man, while we pick apart our bodies and fill ourselves with self-loathing.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for the day that I'm as small as you
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Aw thank you. It will come slowly and surely
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Thank you all for the input. I'll just keep on keeping on. You guys rock. Thanks again for helping me fight dressing room blues. Today in class I wore shorts and was admiring my chunky legs line they can do some damage with all those squats :) it was lighting
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Hey guys. Update: new suit rocks. It's not low cut w/ high crotch like every other swim suit on the market. so it exaggerates and controls my hips. I wish more suits were fifties style. Within seconds of putting it on, I heard my entire family go: "cuuuuuute!" And as soon as I stepped in the lake, a cute guy wanted me to swim with him. Leg hip jiggle and all.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. My daughter's 5'10" and bought a retro-style polka dotted two-piece online -- very cute and expensive, just enough coverage. I bought a retro style myself this year, a 1-piece DKNY that looks like an Esther Williams model. I never thought my husband would like me in a one-piece, but he said it was the most flattering suit he ever saw on me. When I get up the courage, I'll try to do a selfie in it.