Time makes all the difference

Options
BobcatGirl110
BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
In September of 2012 my family went to visit friends in Germany. To make a long story short one of the things I couldn't do on that trip was hike up the steep mountain at Neuschwanstein to make our tour on time. Later that day the left picture was snapped after crossing over into Austria and having dinner at the foot of Zugspitze. I think that was the beginning of the end of being overweight. I had walked all over Germany and England on that trip and came home 12 lbs less. By Christmas I'd gained that 12 back and it didn't take a genius to figure out that walking had made the difference. I started regularly walking in February 2013 and by June (the middle picture) I had lost 34 pounds for vacation. My walking turned to running and by this year's vacation last month (June 2014 picture on the far right) I had become 70 pounds lighter. I hope each vacation from this year on out finds me faithfully maintaining what the last 500 straight days of logging has given me....thank you MFP.

weight.jpg

Replies

• Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great and so much younger!
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look wonderful. Thank you for sharing your success.
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You look great! I'm passing along your story to a friend of mine to try to get her to come on the site for inspiration and encouragement.
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    you are a superstar! Good work and great dedication it took to keep the faith in yourself that you could do this! Fantastic!
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Awesome life changes!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    thank you :) the 500 days was so very worth it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!