Rebounder?

SugarDiva
SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone else here have a rebounder (mini trampoline)? I just bought one and I love it. I was just wondering if anyone has a routine that they follow with it and how you log it on here?

Replies

• maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    If you look on ebay, and I think even Target, and some of the sports stores, you can find rebounder exercise videos. Might even be able to find some on Utube? Glad you found something you like! I got some really good reviews and recommendations to get one a while ago, but ended up with an exercise bike. Keep up the jumping!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    I have one. I wear my HRM that is the only way I know how many calories I have burned. I just jump around on it side to side and front to back or jog in place. I love mine too! There are videos but I haven't looked around for them at the stores.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    I was just at walmart and they didn't have a single video. I searched a few on YouTube and now I'm trying to find torrents to download but it's not working out so well. :ohwell: But I still really like it. I was bouncing even while I was playing fetch with the dog this afternoon. :laugh: And got my mom hooked on it too. She went to get one as soon as she left my place. haha
  • JustBreathe
    JustBreathe Posts: 25
    I bought one from the home shopping network that came with DVDs. Kind of embarrassed to tell you that I haven't even unpacked it yet because I still weigh a bit too much to use it, but I'm looking forward to being able to.

The two DVDs that come with the rebounder are the more basic ones, but then they sell some other ones, too... here's the link.

http://health-fitness.hsn.com/urban-rebounder-compilation-dvds-with-10-workouts_p-4375342_xp.aspx?o=PD-RI&sz=0&ocm=sekw&attr=&subcat=&cat=&dept=&sf=&gs=&prev=&cm_sp=Recommended*PD*right
  • I have an air rebounder that I purchased online for http://www.evolutionhealth.com/rebounder/rebounding.htm It is good quality and I have so much fun on it. I don't have a routine, to me that makes it bouring. I love music and I put on my mp3 player with up beat oldies (to ligit to quit by hammer etc. ) and just go to town dancing or jumping to the beat, jumping jacks, motions of jumping rope etc. I stay on it for a half an hour, I try to do it at least 4 times a week. The rebounder has so many health benefits.

Some Benefits:
    Rebounding provides full aerobic and strength workouts
    Rebounding improves muscle tone, firms skin
    Rebounding produces significantly less shock (impact) to joints than jogging.
    Rebounding stimulates Lymphatic System drainage preventing edema, bolstering cellular health

I use to walk and my feet use to hurt so bad I developed plantar fasciitis and went to the doctor, soaked them, messaged them with golf balls and did every thing you can think of, not until I started using my rebounder and stopped walking I finally got rid of the pain and problem with my feet, I jump bare footed.
  • Sandra_M
    Sandra_M Posts: 41 Member
    I use a studio pro Folding rebounder which is fantastic and I work out using The PT Bouncer Complete Body Workout DVD. I find it much easier when following a DVD as it makes you keep to a set pace and it makes it a bit more varied from just jumping up and down. Hope this helps anybody who is looking to buy a DVD. Also a 15 minute workout using the DVD burns 102 calories. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.