How many lbs do you loose before changing clothes size?

Options
13»

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    About 15 for me
  • jmcnealy
    jmcnealy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    depends on how you carry weight. i lost 65 pounds a couple years back, went from a size 24 pants to size 14. i gained that weight back, but i am only at 18 now. i've lost 7 more and 18's are getting pretty big. at my thinnest adult i was 117 and was still a size 9/11.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It's about 10 lbs/size for me (at 5'6.5" tall), but I've found as I get closer to my goal weight it's less. Muscle vs. fat makes a difference, too. Right now, I'm 7-8 lbs up from my lowest weight but at least a size smaller.
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    For me it has not been consistent. When I was in plus sizes it was 20 pounds a size. When I was in the upper normal sizes it was a little less than 10 pounds a size. Now that I am in the smaller sizes it is a little over 10 pounds a size. I found that it was where the changes in my measurements were happening that made the difference more than the scale. It really depends on your body shape as to how and when you change sizes.
  • PhotoBombed
    Options
    Dr. Oz said that generally when women lose 20 lbs they go down two sizes. I think that it is different for everyone. We all have our own shapes and body types.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50 pounds and have went down around 4 pants sizes and from a tight XL shirt to a loose L.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Quite awhile ago, I had dropped 3-4 sizes when working out at the gym. When I finally weighed myself, I had lost SIX pounds. Seriously. I was big into weights though, so I had gained some muscle weight while dropping fat.

It all just depends on YOUR body. I don't think there's a generic "Lose 10 pounds and drop one pants size" answer.

In fact, my weight has gone up two pounds this past month and I've dropped a size.