Options
    Stay away from the forums

^^^^^ This!

hmm.....:huh: :huh: :huh:

Rather ironic you are here.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Find some form of exercise and do it regularly! Try not to take a break from it, on the bad days, just do what you can!
  • laureneliset
    laureneliset Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you might not feel like it's happening, but it's happening. And forget the scales, a monthly picture will tell a much more accurate story.
  • sfdgnasty
    sfdgnasty Posts: 2
    Options
    If putting weight on didn't happen overnight, neither will taking it off.

and

Set a realistic goal for every day, week, and month.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Don't get obsessed! Trust the process and don't forget to let loose and enjoy life.
  • NoXCuses4me
    Options
    Celebrate Non-Scale victories!!! Don't be slave to a number.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    stick with it
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Log EVERYTHING you eat!
  • mhoffman2007
    mhoffman2007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor and food scale.
  • lms0017
    lms0017 Posts: 5
    Options
    Don't get discouraged!! The weight WILL come off if you consistantly log your food and exercise.
  • DaboGirlNB
    DaboGirlNB Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't say "diet", say it's a healthy lifestyle change.
  • cbeeller
    cbeeller Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    buy containers in 1 cup , 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup sizes to save time measuring and packing food. You can even portion out your snacks ahead in them
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Remember that up and down fluctuations on the scale are totally natural and are to be expected. Don't let it bother you. It would be weird if it weren't happening.

Remember that even when the scale and your measurements seem to be stuck in one place (and that *will* happen) you are doing other good things for your body with this process. It's not just about your weight. You are improving your blood pressure, stamina, flexibility, endurance, strength, immunity, and general health in many ways. It's all good stuff.
  • dgoupil66
    dgoupil66 Posts: 17
    Options
    Believe. Nothing that's worth it is ever easy.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Don't expect to be perfect or have it all figured out at the beginning. A journey always takes time and adjusting the plan and route you are taking is part of the journey.
  • cbeeller
    cbeeller Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like the scale because it tells me when I have lost a pound only and keeps me motivated. I think your point is that it is not the whole story because sometimes you lose inches or even millimeters but not pounds
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Stop dieting and start making changes.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    weight loss isn't linear so don't weigh every day.
    if you gain 4 pounds in one week and you're sure you're eating at a deficit it's probably water weight
    starvation mode ..no.
    You aren't gaining muscle eating at a deficit and you aren't gaining muscle doing cardio. Don't accept "you must be gaining muscle" as a reason why you aren't losing.
    Don't ask about shakeology/HGC/Lemon cleanses/Raspberry keytones/insert other fad here. Save your money.

Those are just the ones that consistently bug me. lol
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    No quick fixes and eat like you are going to eat for the rest of your life. Go the distance!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Invest in a good food scale.