Supplies to survive the apocalypse

Options

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I spend a few years in the military, so I could probably help you with camouflage. Of course, I was in the Navy, so my suggestion would be to paint yourself 'battleship grey'.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Three liters of water.
    Food. I recommend something high calorie but not packed in a bag that crinkles.
    Camo blanket and hat
    Parachute cord
    A decent knife
    Reading material
    Compass with topographic map
    Whistle
    Binoculars
    Matches and lighter

Don't make a camp fire. Be aware of your surroundings. Listen before moving.

LOL

Its 20 hours. Not even 1 full day and you are packing like you are going to be on Survivorman :laugh:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Three liters of water.
    Camo blanket and hat
    Parachute cord
    A decent knife
    Reading material
    Whistle
    Binoculars
    Matches and lighter

LOL

Its 20 hours. Not even 1 full day and you are packing like you are going to be on Survivorman :laugh:

People get lost or hurt in the woods all the time. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • Cheeseburger85
    Cheeseburger85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You need speed. Pack light. I likely wouldn't even bother with anything aside from a blaster, ammo and a small water bottle. 20 hours is not long at all.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion that no one has mentioned is bringing food that doesn't create sound. Like an apple is crunchy, so probably not. Peanut butter, yes because you can just slurp that right on down. Put your protein bars into a plastic bag so you don't have to deal with the wrappers. Bananas are great too.

A cell phone but make sure it's on silent!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    By definition the Apocalypse is the complete final destruction of the world.

Some describe is as an event involving destruction or damage on an awesome or catastrophic scale.

If the first is true, what will having a Rambo style knife and a barrel of water help?

If the latter is true and you survive, there will be plenty of supplies available from your downed neighbors.

The sky is not falling.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    If you want to too be real

Bring a large bottle of Jack Daniels and get ****faced

If I am going to face my maker, I am certainly not going to be sober doing it
  • MaeRay007
    MaeRay007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This sounds freaking awesome!! Count me in!!!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Camo Stick
    Water
    A couple of portein bars
    a small shelter/ hammock
    gilly suit
    small e-tool
    TP
    EXTRA ammo
    Small flashlight red lense
    550 cord OD green
    Baccardi 151 (its great for burning zombies) (if not used good after party drink)

Do not bring anything velcro, ain't a fricking thing in the woods that sounds like velcro.

Travel light. bring a bat or pick up a short solid branch. Even fake zombies cannot run fast when you kneecap them or better yet kneecap a friend and while the zombies are on them you can run away. A branch will also give you a reach advantage when in the trees, you can knock them out of the tree if you are discovered there.

Do not go with a group, they will get you killed/converted.
    Sleep in trees (hammock) anyone climbing will wake you
    Stay low and DO NOT be moving around movement attracts attention.
    The Athens area has lots of older trees so hopefully you will know the area. If not G2 it as soon as possible.

Oh

WAR EAGLE!!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    R.I.P. OP
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Gonna need way more water than just 2 bottles in 20 hours.. At least I would.

Forget about hunting/fishing. Won't have time. I'd carry a lighter but wouldn't build a fire unless it was an emergency.

Flashlight w/a red lense for night use would be a must. Red won't attract as much attention as a white one & does not mess up your night vision.

BUG spray & a head net so you can get a little uninterrupted sleep/nap at night plus it's good camo!

Groups are terrible - remember that a large group attracts attention more than a small one..

Recon the area on foot before the event if you can. Also I'd use Google maps to identify terrain features & ingress/egress routes along with likely areas of cover/concealment.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    20 hours!? Psht, give me a book, running shoes and my life straw. Easy.
  • coal45
    coal45 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should take more water than you think you'll need and did you think of sunscreen? Sunglasses if outdoors? Trail Mix is also very handy. If there's a chance you might get wet take an extra pair of polyester socks, they dry faster than cotton. The shoes you choose are important, hiking boots would be best If you have them.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    It's 20 hours...don't worry about sleep, just kill zombies.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Three liters of water.
    Camo blanket and hat
    Parachute cord
    A decent knife
    Reading material
    Whistle
    Binoculars
    Matches and lighter

LOL

People get lost or hurt in the woods all the time. Better to be safe than sorry.

That is true. Stranger things have happened.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Camelback, energy bars, extra socks. It's only 20 hours, no need to pack the kitchen sink.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Walk single file to hide your numbers.

Or if in the open desert, walk without rhythm. You don't want to attract the worm.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Way more water than that, as previously mentioned a filter and camelback would be ideal, more than a couple energy bars, you need to keep your mind sharp and your energy level up. Something warm for the evening/early morning, what about something small to use as a shelter if it rains? A small nylon 6' x 8' camo tarp?
    It sounds like you need to outsmart the other players, why not find a good spot and dig in and camo yourself and just relax for the night, it would be the smart thing to do.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    By definition the Apocalypse is the complete final destruction of the world.

Some describe is as an event involving destruction or damage on an awesome or catastrophic scale.

If the first is true, what will having a Rambo style knife and a barrel of water help?

If the latter is true and you survive, there will be plenty of supplies available from your downed neighbors.

The sky is not falling.

Dead man walking... LoL
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Camelback, energy bars, extra socks. It's only 20 hours, no need to pack the kitchen sink.

What if she has a sudden desire to do the dishes?