matgh124 Posts: 25 Member
I'm 5'9 at 266 pounds.
My blood pressure was 120/63
My pulse was 71
My glucose after having breakfast was: 115
My total cholesterol is: 172
HDL is: 36mg/dl
machine wasnt capable of testing LDL.

so given the results the physician says my BMI is 40 and i'm considered obese.
Now i have been on a high protein (mainly chicken and fish) diet for about 2 months or so. I go to the gym 3-5 times a week. I do HIIT cardio on weekends. I've lost some inches but my weight hasnt fluctuated much.... and i'm still considered unhealthy????

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure the point of this post, but if you're trying to ask why your weight hasn't changed, perhaps you're not burning as much as you think and simply consuming more calories than you burn...
  • OhCora
    OhCora Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Maybe, but you are on your way. Good for you sticking to it this long. It will be a long road and gradually you will become healthier.
  • matgh124
    matgh124 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 at 266 pounds.
    My pulse was 71

Now i have been on a high protein (mainly chicken and fish) diet for about 2 months or so. I go to the gym 3-5 times a week. I do HIIT cardio on weekends. I've lost some inches but my weight hasnt fluctuated much.... and i'm still considered unhealthy????
    I mean I have been going about this for almost two months straight with very little progress it seems. and today I go see my Dr. for my annual and am told that although my total cholesterol is low, my HDL is very bad and I'm at a much higher risk of having a heart attack. AND I'M ONLY 30 YRS OLD! .... all other parameters were in the normal range. just my cholesterol was not. could being on a high protein diet be the reason? every morning i do eat 3 whole eggs. could this contribute?
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 at 266 pounds.
    My pulse was 71

I mean I have been going about this for almost two months straight with very little progress it seems. and today I go see my Dr. for my annual and am told that although my total cholesterol is low, my HDL is very bad and I'm at a much higher risk of having a heart attack. AND I'M ONLY 30 YRS OLD! .... all other parameters were in the normal range. just my cholesterol was not. could being on a high protein diet be the reason? every morning i do eat 3 whole eggs. could this contribute?

The eggs are not affecting your cholesterol. Dietary cholesterol has little to no effect on serum cholesterol.