I DID IT!

Options
2»

Replies

• Bibianna2012
    Bibianna2012 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Congrats to you!! Dont worry what other people think.. chances are the guys were laughing at a joke and not you, and the dad was pointing to you as an example of good form and how to run around the track. Think of yourself as an inspiration... you'll also never see those people again..so who cares..

You know yourself that when you are working out you tend to be in the zone and not really focusing on others so thats likely what they were doing too..and you misinterpreted their actions..

Im trying to get my family to play tennis, we totally stink and they are always worried about the "pros" on the court.. the thing is the pros started as novices too...just think of your self as a novice thats soon to be a pro.
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good job! And the guy may have been pointing you out as an example of someone who is facing facts and doing what needs to be done and telling his son to do likewise. It is WAY hard to break out of old patterns and anyone who has ever done it will applaud the others they see. And they might just point them out to their kids.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE AWESOME !!!!!!!
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! Don't worry about the other idiots, they were busy smoking and sitting probably wishing they could run 100 feet :-)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! The mental part is harder than the physical part. And you just broke through that quite nicely. I used to only do jogging intervals around the lake when no one was around. I was doing C25K one day early on and the timer was about to go off, with a couple walking their dog a bit ahead of me. I got tired of hiding and just went for it. Scared the dog, but the people didn't notice or care :laugh: It gets easier each time. Now I go down the main road of my subdivsion with cars passing. No one has laughed, gestured or done anything rude.

Keep going :flowerforyou:
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    How rude of those people, well done for getting it done. I am not sure I would of been as cool with them going on like that, I would prob of given them the finger so said something.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up!

I just keep in my head: I'm not paying attention to them, so they're not paying attention to me. And if they ARE, at least I'm here doing something. Oogle away!
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats for breaking through the stereotype and doing what you want/feel/need to do. Remember, maybe that father was giving his son a lesson on the importance of never giving up. A lesson on taking control of your life and making a difference like 'her' as he points at you. Those workers might have been thinking, remember when we were out of shape and tried running, what a that was, instead of being like 'her' and making a difference. Maybe they are all *kitten*. Point is, you got out and did what you needed to do FOR YOU. You should feel extremely proud of this accomplishment because you can only go up from here!! The first step is always the hardest and you have already taken it. Be strong, be beautiful, be proud. YOU DID IT!!!