lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the forums

^^^^^ This!

And miss all of this good advice?:huh:
  • gabylewis22
    gabylewis22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't stop eating the foods you love. Just cut them down. Everything in proportion is the key. If you love chocolate, but you stop eating chocolate completely, you'll only get depressed and probably binge on it later....
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Check your pride and ego at the door! Work hard, but within your limits! Also keep up with your weekly calorie goals vs. daily. That way if you have a bad day you can adjust fire and still come in under by the end of the week!
    Also a guy earlier said add smart people! So true, a lot of people on here have no clue what they are talking about, find the ones that do!
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Know your weak spots. If you can't keep a food at one (or two) servings, you may want to leave it alone for now. Or do some really creative planning to account for the extra calories.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Add a few like minded people as friends on MFP - if you feel like eating too much, log on MFP instead and distract yourself.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Love yourself. You can do ANYTHING.
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the forums

^^^^^ This!

And miss all of this good advice?:huh:

Ha Ha- Yes this! :laugh:
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    If you weigh in often, only choose one set day a week to actually count and log the weight. You will see a better picture of what is going on that way.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Be obsessive about accurately recording everything you eat.
  • gabylewis22
    gabylewis22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Celebrate Non-Scale victories!!! Don't be slave to a number.

Definitely agree with this. The biggest joy comes from getting back into that dress you haven't worn for years - or from being able to run 5k without collapsing - or from being flirted at by actual hot guys and not just the desperate ones ;)
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you post a topic of "Help- Why aren't I losing weight"- Keep your diary open so you can be judged.

I mean so people can offer their advice.:bigsmile:
  • WorkoutJunkie1
    Options
    Keep in mind of the goal and when you feel like giving up, listen to the voice in your head that is telling you to never quit. Like for example, I watch the Biggest Loser and I swear I always hear Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels yelling at me and telling me to not give up. :)
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    "cheat days," -by this I mean days where you eat whatever you want and don't log- are not something you should do.

Don't get me wrong, celebrations happen, family parties, a Sunday afternoon where you binge or eat nothing but cake- like 4000 calories worth of cake... *kitten* happens. But log every single thing you ever eat as accurately as you can from now until eternity. Be honest with yourself.

Don't just say "Today's already messed up, I'm leaving dinner blank!" Because next thing you know, you'll be the "why am I not losing?? I log everything accurately! I cheat occasionally, but not *that* much." You're trying to lie to yourself, but you don't fool the forum 'meanies' who insist you must be eating more than you think. We know. Calories in/calories out.
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Log every day and log accurately. Good luck :)
  • strongeriam
    strongeriam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself this question everyday:
    "What can I do to help me reach my goal, RIGHT NOW" - Georges St-Pierre

He did not say "to reach my goal" he said to become better/stronger. It can be applied however you want.

It may be to go for a jog, might be to lift weights or eat well.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Skip all the crap, buy a food scale and learn to use it.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Starvation Mode does not exist,,,,,

...unless you're starving. Which is probably never.

Oh and one more-
    Don't eat your feelings and don't drink your calories.
  • myjourney16
    myjourney16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have patience and don't give up. If you follow what MFP sets up for you, the weight will come off. Don't enter false info when entering your food, the only person you're cheating when you do that is yourself! :)

Also...if you can weigh all the food that you eat you will have much more accurate calories/nutritional info.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint!
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Lose is spelt lose not loose - unless you're trying to spell loose in which case carry on.