People acting like children at work

Options
leadslinger17
leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
Lately I have been surprised by a couple of childish things that happened at work. First I had a nice water bottle on my desk that disappeared and then showed up about a month later in the lost in found looking like it was used for a chocolate milkshake (at least I hope that's what it was although I didn't bother to claim it). Then I brought in some action figures my kids weren't playing with and put them on my desk for decoration and two of them disappeared.

People taking people's lunches from the brake room, parking in spots they shouldn't because they are lazy, etc share your worst stories like this.

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Someone left less than a cup of coffee in the pot this morning. I was traumatized and had to go home.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    One time one of the cooks on the line tied my apron string to the handle of a pot while I went to the bathroom. Came back, grabbed my apron, and thankfully caught the pot as it fell.

Another time, he hid my timer under a bowl so I was searching everywhere for it when it started going off, and he was watching and laughing from the walk-in the whole time.

:laugh:
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We have communal dishes. People use the dishes, throw them in the sink without washing them and just leave them there to fester. Seriously, who does this (at work)?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Someone left less than a cup of coffee in the pot this morning. I was traumatized and had to go home.

i'm so sorry this happened to you. when you are ready to return to work, i suggest you file a complaint with HR.

#thestruggleisreal
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I would put chocolate laxative in a Hershey's bar wrapper and leave it on your desk.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been surprised by a couple of childish things that happened at work. First I had a nice water bottle on my desk that disappeared and then showed up about a month later in the lost in found looking like it was used for a chocolate milkshake (at least I hope that's what it was although I didn't bother to claim it). Then I brought in some action figures my kids weren't playing with and put them on my desk for decoration and two of them disappeared.

People taking people's lunches from the brake room, parking in spots they shouldn't because they are lazy, etc share your worst stories like this.

That's normal stuff at my day job. You should see the *kitten* that goes on at the barn I work at in the evenings (no pun intended). They could make a reality TV show about it. Let's see: people stealing hay, feeding horses what they think the horses should eat; not what the owners want the horses to eat, stealing expensive tack, losing stuff and saying it was stolen, blaming the weather for a bad ride, blaming the horse for being a horse (prey animal), talking about each other, screaming at each other, asking a vet to wait for a lesson to end (happened to me last week) before examining a horse and then interrupting the vet during the exam to ask about another horse not on the schedule (the vet's time was my money), one upping each other, threatening to poison a horse because he's a stud, the list goes on and on.
  • leadslinger17
    Options
    Not intended to be a woe is me, first world problems thing, just surprised that people would be such *kitten* when they are in a professional setting at a great place to work. Pranks are fun... but its normally either at a crappy meaningless job (like when you're in high school working fast food) or you do it to your friends.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Jelly Belly "bad" jelly beans. There's rotten egg, moldy cheese, stinky socks, skunk spray (breath will reek for awhile), centipede, lawn clippings, canned dog food, baby wipes, pencil shavings, barf. You can order them online.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Put a fake lunch in the fridge laced with a laxative or ghost pepper extract. Or both. The person that steals that will think twice next time.

I actually did this once. Someone stole my guy's lunch -- it was our venison. The backstrap (which is like the best part). So, the next day I made the same steaks, but took the meat from the "dog food" bag -- basically the garbage meat that we'd grind to make dog treats. I also added some laxative.

It wasn't hard to identify who did it; the guy stayed in the bathroom all day and then finally got sent home because he stunk so bad.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Not intended to be a woe is me, first world problems thing, just surprised that people would be such *kitten* when they are in a professional setting at a great place to work. Pranks are fun... but its normally either at a crappy meaningless job (like when you're in high school working fast food) or you do it to your friends.

I've always been amazed at how dirty/nasty grown adults can be. The floor of my building is predominantly women and the bathrooms are disgusting, the microwaves/fridge in the break room is downright hoarder status....The environment is very business professional, so it gives me the heebie jeebies to imagine what their homes look like.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    how do children at work act? we don't have any children at my place of employment, and there are laws against hiring children. so i have no frame of reference to how they act.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Leave sugar free candy/chocolate in the break room.. lots of it.
  • Smoofalz
    Smoofalz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    At my old job, someone used to always steal the sandwich out of a coworkers lunch box. Nothing else, just the sandwich.. One day she packed a canned dog food sandwich. After that her sandwiches stopped disappearing.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I've always been amazed at how dirty/nasty grown adults can be. The floor of my building is predominantly women and the bathrooms are disgusting, the microwaves/fridge in the break room is downright hoarder status....The environment is very business professional, so it gives me the heebie jeebies to imagine what their homes look like.

I would imagine their homes are pretty normal. I don't know about all people, but at least many of the ones I've worked with seem to see the workplace as, "someone else's problem". The common areas are for their use, but someone else's responsibility to clean up.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

If you think you've got it bad.. imagine what it would be like to work here:

EPA Employees Asked To Stop Pooping In The Hallway

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/25/epa-pooping-hallways_n_5530650.html
  • leadslinger17
    Options
    ^ Not in my building, but a guy I know in another building said he saw someone take a dump on the bathroom floor. That is a whole new level of unprofessional.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

That's normal stuff at my day job. You should see the *kitten* that goes on at the barn I work at in the evenings (no pun intended). They could make a reality TV show about it. Let's see: people stealing hay, feeding horses what they think the horses should eat; not what the owners want the horses to eat, stealing expensive tack, losing stuff and saying it was stolen, blaming the weather for a bad ride, blaming the horse for being a horse (prey animal), talking about each other, screaming at each other, asking a vet to wait for a lesson to end (happened to me last week) before examining a horse and then interrupting the vet during the exam to ask about another horse not on the schedule (the vet's time was my money), one upping each other, threatening to poison a horse because he's a stud, the list goes on and on.

That's because EVERYONE knows horse people are batsh*T crazy.

As far as laxatives- we have a guy we call scrounge- he comes around sniffing for food ALL.THE.TIME. purely for food.
    Not our unit- not a friend- just this guy from another unit.

So we were talking about doing that- or something like it.. turns out- it can be a Felony offense- so that got swept off the table VERY quickly.

But high fiber brownies- or suger free Hibiro gummy bears- or litter box cookies- all have been discussed.... he's been keeping to himself but it might have to come back ouit.

I like the cat food/dog food idea though.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I am friends with a male co -worker, so rumor has it I am screwing him...
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    When I worked in the child support office the managers set out a table of printed coloring pages and crayons for the employees to color on. It was a processing center, so there were no clients that ever came in.

The coloring was for the grown *kitten* adults that worked there only.

:drinker:

Workin' for the state... Oh my goodness.