Replies

• zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Get a fitbit...lol
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Lose is spelt lose not loose - unless you're trying to spell loose in which case carry on.

HAHAHA, YEAH!!!! Two different sounding words too!

And diet "regimen" is spelled regimen, not regiment......hahaha
  • kisseso3
    kisseso3 Posts: 36
    Options
    Enter EVERYTHING, even if you're going over, the people aren't going to judge you on here, but it's important to keep you mindful.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Just be happy
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Meausure everything you eat. Log everything you eat. Be Honest with yourself - if you eat 9 slices of pizza log it.
  • amisbest
    amisbest Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water. What H2O does for you is to move stuff through your system. You may think that it is putting weight on you, but over 24 hours you process it all. Drink at least 80 oz/day and more if you can handle it. This, along with exercise/logging calories are the real keys to losing weight.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Don't set your calories goal to 1200 - find out what your TDEE is and deduct 10-20% from that. This is a much more realistic and sustainable goal - and you will still lose weight!!!
  • TChester_05
    TChester_05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump... I'm not a newbie but I can use this advice to get moving in the right direction again...

Thanks!!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You are you. You are not your mother, father, sister, brother, actor, top model, sport star, pop star, or anyone else whose body/figure you might be seeing in real life or on TV. You are you. You do not have to compare yourself to anyone else, your body does not have to look like someone else's body. You are you. Let go of any ideas you have that you wish you could have your sister's figure, or that you want a butt like a Kardashian, or you want a flat stomach like Whoever. Just be you and see what your own body can do when you treat it with good foods and meaningful exercise.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Do the best you can everyday!
    Somedays you'll rock, somedays not so much.
    Just don't quit and be nice to yourself.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    bumpity
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Get sweaty at least once a day, doesn't matter what it is but find something enjoyable, log your food, set yourself goals and (although it pains me to admit) ditch the booze.
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work.... Make permanent changes and create a lifestyle, this will never fail

xXx
  • sinker59
    sinker59 Posts: 130
    Options
    Eat less, exercise more.
  • upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    Options
    Fitness is -

80% Nutrition
    20% Exercise

You can't out train a bad diet
  • cali_ketos
    cali_ketos Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Why take the elevator (the quick way) when you can enjoy the journey of the (stairs) the long way.
  • xRedRockerx
    xRedRockerx Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You didn't put all that weight on in a day and you won't lose it in a day, so don't stress over days where you did no exercise or where you ate something indulgent - just accept that it's perfectly acceptable to have a rest and treat yourself once in a while and this is the true meaning of being healthy!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    If you have a bad day, don't feel like you failed at this. Just keep going.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you have to pay for it, you probably don't need it.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, buy clothes that fit you, even if they come from thrift stores and clearance racks. Wearing baggy clothes that aren't flattering won't let you appreciate the "new you". Feeling good about how you look will inspire you and help keep you motivated.