any at home suggestions for upper thighs??

Options
I was just curious if anyone has any ideas about toning the part of the upper thighs that rubs together when we walk? I have an elliptical that I use at least 5 days a week and it has toned up all of my legs and rear end EXCEPT that upper thigh part. Never in my life have I had that part toned to the point that it didn't touch when I walked, so I'm not sure it's even possible. :)

I don't have a gym membership, so I was looking for any suggestions for things I can do at home that specifically address just the upper, inner thighs.

Replies

• amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That is soooo hard to lose! For areas like that and the lower abs, changing your diet is the best way to lose the fat, at least that's what my trainer tells me.
  • kevinbc
    kevinbc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You could try a wide legged stance squat. Put your feet wide with your toes pointed out and squat, when you go down take your hands and pust your knees out. This is an exercise I do for power90
  • salto
    salto Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The way it's always been explained to me, it's really not possible to "spot lose" weight. If the problem is an excess of fat in that area, which for many women it is, then losing weight is the only solution. And you can't determine where or when the weight will come off. Every body is different. I have seen otherwise skinny women with "saddle bags."

That being said, you can "tone" the muscle underneath, but it will only go so far. Toning the muscle will do nothing to eliminate the fat in that area. It may help the appearance slightly, but until the fat is gone, it won't actually slim down.

And squats are great for those inner thigh muscles.
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    Tie an exercise band around both your ankles and do side steps while squating. its a good lower body exercise that will help build muscle. I would also maybe try some "fire hydrants," get on your hands and knees and lift your leg up like you are going to Pee on a fire hydrants. Sounds silly but there's definitely a burn! Just make sure you are controlling your leg up and on the way back down, you'll feel it in your thighs and your butt.

And like someone else said, you can't choose to lose weight in one spot but you can tone!

Hope this helps!
  • mightymraz
    Options
    Thanks!! That's the kind of information I was looking for.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    This is a really good one, you will feel it right away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OQXAm7JKuM