Best Body Weight Strength Training Apps?

Options
So_Much_Fab
So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
I'm looking specifically for body weight training...what are your favorite free or cheap Droid apps?

Thanks!

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Hard to go wrong with YAYOG. Its like $1.99
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym is the defacto leader in this particular market.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Are you looking just to record your workouts, or for something more?

(I use Fitness Buddy to record and compose my workout splits. Set me back $3 I think. I don't know if they have a Droid compatible app. FB does have a large body weight training db.)

I selected the Fitness Buddy for a number of factors: 1) How large is its exercise database; 2) Does it have a timer?; 3) Can I add exercises not in the db?; 4) Cloud storage of data - free or otherwise?; 5) Can I export my data?; 6) Is the UI fast and intuitive?; 7) How often is the app updated to resolve bugs and other issues?

Whatever you select, those are some things yo might want to look for.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    its a bit pricey but i'm going to try the foundation one GST ebook series

check this out

http://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness
  • katlala84
    katlala84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been using Sworkit on the ipad (free app) but it appears to also be available on android - it's really user-friendly and syncs with MFP. It's very simple (unless you upgrade, where there might be added bits).

Basically, you can select the type of exercise you want to do (cardio/strength, also yoga I think, but I don't use that option), the length of time you want to exercise for and it switches exercises every 30 secs with notifications for when to begin and end. There are also video demonstrations if you need them. You can also select based on the body parts you want to work on (core, lower, upper).
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Another vote for YAYOG!
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I use Workout Trainer with my Android (FREE, unless you want to subscribe to the PRO option, which I don't ). There are some workouts that require hand weights, but heaps that don't. It has the option to "shuffle" the workouts based on time, intensity, and target area. Or you can search for specific workouts. It is full of variety, convenient and easy to follow. I have had a couple of workouts that don't describe the exercise properly, but after months of using it, that is not too bad, I reckon!

xx