Limiting / Giving Up Wine -- What to Drink!

Options
gwenm4
gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
I am limiting and / or giving up wine entirely in order to move the needle. My struggle is that I LIKE the taste of wine and have not found anything to replace it with. I've tried pomegranite with club soda; sprite with cranberry.. you name it.

What do you drink if you don't drink wine in the evening? Water just won't cut it.

Replies

• Cheeseburger85
    Cheeseburger85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Scotch.
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Gin - Hendricks with a little lime juice
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Let me know if you find out! :drinker:
  • YoungIronG
    YoungIronG Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    gwenn,

red or white???

red - cognac with grape juice

white - aloe vera juice and rum
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Diet coke...

Sorry I'm no help. Wine usually makes me crazy, I'm a beer girl if I'm having a drink.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Juice, tea, coffee, milk, pop...

You'll still be drinking calories though so if you're going over from drinking wine, you'll probably go over with any options above.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm not a drinker, but if I were I'd just have a smaller glass. You don't have to give up the things you really enjoy
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I use vodka, tonic, and some lemon juice...trainer says just drink it as long as you're not drinking everyday :drinker:
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    For me (a serious wine drinker) I have found two solutions. First its all about the glass--so during the week when I go wineless I pour my Perrier in a good wine glass. For the weekend I splurge on a bottle of expensive good wine (as opposed to guzzle wine ) and open it, let it rest and sip (not guzzle ). Pair it with a wonderful meal (which could even be burgers on the grill) and enjoy.
    PS--Malbec is good with burgers
  • OnTheGround
    Options
    Honestly, my experience is that if I have an "addiction" to something that's bad for me, I cold turkey it. Subbing doesn't really help in the long term, IMHO.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I can't really sub it - I sometimes drink something else - usually sip Tequilla - but it's hard. Mostly I make room for my wine - and compare several - some have higher sugar contents and calories than others. Worth a shot!
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    What do you drink if you don't drink wine in the evening? Water just won't cut it.

crazy-parenting-fails-perfect-gift-for-snookis-baby-shower.jpg

Is this supposed to suggest that the OP has a drinking problem because she likes wine? Pfft.

OP try vodka lime and soda - my new favourite.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    For the weekend I splurge on a bottle of expensive good wine (as opposed to guzzle wine ) and open it, let it rest and sip (not guzzle ). Pair it with a wonderful meal (which could even be burgers on the grill) and enjoy.
    PS--Malbec is good with burgers

Great idea I'm going to steal it
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    I've switched to spritzers. Water down red or white wine with some fizzy water. At the bar, the cheapest alcoholic drink calorie wise is single vodka and soda. You could use diet mixers as well.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My to go drink for 76 calories is a skinny margarita: 1 diet mountain dew, 1 shot tequila, 2 shots Skinny mix over ice & serve!~
    Diet Mountain Dew - Mtn. Dew Low Calorie Soda, 12 Fl Oz. 4 cal
    Montezuma - Tequila 1 oz Shot, 1 oz 69 cal
    Jordan's - Skinny Mixes Skinny Margarita, 2 fl oz (120 ml) 3cal:drinker:
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If wine is wrong, I don't want to be right.
  • bettybremner
    bettybremner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Vodka and RealLime with water & lots of ice cubes.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    We like to have wine before dinner, but the calories are too much for every day. We just have some on the weekends. This has reduced calories and I don't feel like I am giving up anything.