What has helped your CELLULITE?

Options
I have always been self conscious about my cellulite, some may think mine is minor, but it`s still bothering me. I have it on the back of my thighs, and some on my butt. So far what has helped has been, dry brushing, using a hard massage mit (but I noticed if I didn`t keep up with it, of course it came back), and drinking plenty of water (At first mine gets worse, and then it slowly improves from there when I start shedding the water). So do any of you have ideas or advice on what you have used that has helped or cured your own cellulite for good?? Any advice is appreciated!! : ) As far as my case, it is not genetic. My sister does have it, but my mother did not, her mother didn`t neither on my dads side.

Replies

• KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Bump~~~. And also, I wonder if cocoa butter would work for cellulite like it does for... I'm blanking out and can't think of what it's called. The scars women get when they're pregnant, and anyone gets if they build muscle or put on weight too quickly. STRETCH MARKS. That's it.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Try a sugar scrub. I've used C. Booth Ginger sugar scrub. It's basically just an exfoliator, which you always hear works for cellulite. But it also has oils in it to moisturize and plump up the skin a little bit. I think it worked well for a while for me, and I also used a nivea firming gel.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Strength training and patience. I also noticed a difference when I added running to my cardio mix.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Strength training and patience. I also noticed a difference when I added running to my cardio mix.

This for me too.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bike riding did it for me when I was in my 20s.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Barbell squats, massage, sugar scrubs, and drinking enough water
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they definitely have it right. The first thing you'll (hopefully) read when you're looking to get rid of cellulite is that it's basically just fat clumping unevenly underneath the skin. Best way to get rid of it is to get rid of the fat. Even better if you can build muscle and distribute the fat where it's supposed to go.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    There are various things you can do to temporarily improve the appearance of cellulite, but the only way to decrease its appearance long term is to lose any fat that you need to lose. And stop thinking of it as something shameful because all women have it, even swimsuit models before they are 'shopped.

ra5j6b.jpg
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Just because your mother didnt have it doesn't mean it's not in your gene pool. I've got naturally curly light blond hair while everyone else in my immediate family (mother, father, brother, aunts, uncles, 1st cousins) all have dark wavy hair. BUT my mother had cousins who were all curly blonds.

Because something about recessive genes...science blah blah (hehe)

One of my best friends holds all her fat in her hips, thighs and butt and goes crazy about her cellulite in that area. As long as she keeps her eating and exercise in check, it's barely visible. But once she goes off track, the lumpy-bumpies come back.

She's done some of those treatments you've mentioned as well as others but she's finally learned that they're all temporary. It's not an idea she's crazy about because well, we all want quick fixes, right? But she's finally come to terms with the fact that exercising (mostly weights but some cardio too) and eating right are the only true way to reduce the appearance of cellulite
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    nothing...
  • Aniqana
    Aniqana Posts: 95
    Options
    There are various things you can do to temporarily improve the appearance of cellulite, but the only way to decrease its appearance long term is to lose any fat that you need to lose. And stop thinking of it as something shameful because all women have it, even swimsuit models before they are 'shopped.

ra5j6b.jpg

Wow.. that literally made my evening! I though they so skin they dont even have spare skin for cellulite...?
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    For me (I've always struggled with cellulite on my thighs) squats and leg kickbacks are what's helped me out a lot. The amount of cellulite that I still have (it continues to shrink) is so much less than it was even six months/a year ago.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

This for me too.

And for me too, running really helps.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Fat loss. That' all cellulite is. Lower body fat percentage, lose cellulite. I had significant cellulite on my butt and thighs, and was able to get rid of like 99% of it. Still working on that last little bit that no one notices but me, lol.

Reduce body fat by eating at a calorie deficit and lifting heavy weights. The deficit is to lose fat, and the weights are to ensure that most of the weight you lose is fat, not muscle.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

No. This all may reduce the appearance of it temporarily, but it will still be there. To get rid of it you need to lower body fat.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Combination of,

Fat loss
    Strength training
    Moisturising
    Exfoliating
    Caffeine scrub (homemade from ground coffee, coconut oil and almond oil - messy but cheap and gives an effective short term improvement in appearance).

Mine is mostly gone, but didn't really notice when so I can't tie it down to one thing - shows there is hope though :)
  • kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give the it works wraps a try pretty soon
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

No. This all may reduce the appearance of it temporarily, but it will still be there. To get rid of it you need to lower body fat.

that's why I want thinner thighs...I carry weight/fat mostly on lower half hence so far nothing has helped because I haven't shedded the fat yet...
  • ladybird89
    ladybird89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say it's impossible to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Yes, some cellulite might be unavoidable, especially at a certain age. But you can definitely improve it, especially if you're still young.

#1 ELIMINATE SUGAR FROM YOUR DIET.

#2 Tone up in your trouble areas with resistance training.

#3 Try to avoid a sedentary lifestyle, even if you hit the gym every day.

^This is from personal experience. I gained cellulite (NOT weight) by eating too much sugar and not exercising enough. Now it's slowly improving.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    wear only pants :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: