Is anybody doing Atkins?

Options
I started Atkins three days ago, and I'm wondering if anybody else is doing it. I would also like your opinions on if you think I could lose 10-15 pounds in a month on Atkins.

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I did once upon a time. It was my first ever attempt at losing weight.

But as to your second question, it would depend on your current weight, your current activity level, and how much food you consume in total per day. If you have a large amount to lose - then 10-15 in one month is perhaps reasonable. But if you only need to lose 20-30, then 3-5 is more realistic.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you have 10 lbs to lose. Is that correct, or is that more of a mini-goal? If you have 10lbs to lose, trying to lose it all in 1 month is a really bad idea.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Here is a Atkins Support Group if you want to soak up some threads from those doing Atkins.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5268-atkins-support-group

I have have been doing Atkins Extended Induction via DANDR since August 27th 2013.
  • awoolbright772
    Options
    I am currently 160lbs and yes I would like to lose my last ten pounds. I do 30 minutes of exercise six days a week. I consume 1200 calories a day and 20 carbs.