Just can't get that jump start & keep it going.

Options
I really want to get fit & boost my energy level, but I've been having a really hard time. The last few months have been tough on me for a few different reasons & I've fallen into a slump of depression where sleep & laziness has taken over.
At 5'7" 125lbs, weight is not an issue... I just lack muscle tone, & get out of breath easily. I've made a lot of changes to my diet, where before it was a lot of processed, fried, & fatty foods with no care in the world... Now I have Smoothies everyday, trying new veggies, eating more fish, healthy proteins, switched to brown rice & whole grain pastas.
I don't go to the gym yet, but I'm trying to get into a steady workout routine at home to start. It's been slow and doesn't take much to get tired and sore the next couple days. Consistency is a problem...
I'm really having a hard time getting to sleep before 2am, then getting out of bed before 11am/noon and telling myself to get out of bed and charge the day! Has anyone else felt like this?? If so, what did you do to finally get out of it and become active again? I feel like I need someone to move in with me and push me! :/
Advice needed!

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and we can chat, maybe I can help! :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I was in that kind of slump about 4 years ago and it was part of what lead to my weight gain. Every time I tried to JUMP START it did not work. What worked for me is making little changes. "I will walk for one mile every other day for 2 weeks." I would tackle one thing at a time and soon found myself slowly feeling better.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

OP, I just want to mention that it's best to be leery of people who suggest you message them to help. They're often trying to sell you something (which is against the rules both on the boards and through messages, but they're less likely to get caught as quickly through messaging).

Other than that, your energy levels make me wonder if you shouldn't get checked out by a doctor before you do further. Either you're pushing yourself too hard in your diet and workouts or there could be something else going on that's making it harder.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

OP, I just want to mention that it's best to be leery of people who suggest you message them to help. They're often trying to sell you something (which is against the rules both on the boards and through messages, but they're less likely to get caught as quickly through messaging).

Other than that, your energy levels make me wonder if you shouldn't get checked out by a doctor before you do further. Either you're pushing yourself too hard in your diet and workouts or there could be something else going on that's making it harder.

Especially the ones that always seem to be positively commenting on any specific company's workout and diet plans (i.e. Advocare or Beach Body).
  • Allycat1134
    Allycat1134 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What sparked my interest in making a change is how bad I've been feeling... Depression due to too many things going on at once in my life and has taken a toll on my mentally & physically. I really don't think my workouts are that hard. I've been taking it pretty slow to start.
    As you suggested though, I probably will get a check up to make sure there's nothing else going on. I'd like to get a clean bill of health before I attempt to start pushing myself.