Should I eat back my workout cals

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    For clarity, the title of the post is a little misleading. OP asked
    Should I be burning the same amount of cals as I consume? For ex if I eat 1500 cals a day should I also try to burn 1500 or more cals a day?
    That isn't the same as eating exercise calories.

For clarity your not helping!

I posted it the way I wanted to. So if you can't respond to it as is then you shouldn't respond at all. I'm asking for help not for negativity! Thanks to those who helped & understood the question. I get it now!!! Thanks again!!

The way you posted it made it appear that you ate 1500 total calories then either did, or planned to, burn 1500 calories via exercise which is extremely unhealthy. The alternative interpretation was you plan to consume 1500 calories then burn 1500 calories through a combination of exercise and BMR. The ability to express one's thoughts via the written word is crucial here as the two interpretations vary so widely and have vastly different potential outcomes. By the way, what you were given was help and not negativity.

Thanks for your advice too but I don't need clarity! To make a point...I would have understood what was said without the "for clarity" part! And btw I said thanks for all the advice...meaning everyone who posted! What I think is negative is being corrected w/o asking anyone to do so...no one here can read my mine. I asked it how I want too! I put in a ex. so ppl would see what I mean...anyway good day ppl! Thanks anyway!!

She was trying to help people to help you. There was no negativity. Your question was up for interpretation due to the way you worded it vs the thread title. We, the reader, are not inside your head so unless you word it in a way that isn't up for interpretation, you might not get accurate or helpful advice. You found insult where none existed.
  • MzKym1981
    MzKym1981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Should I be burning the same amount of cals as I consume? For ex if I eat 1500 cals a day should I also try to burn 1500 or more cals a day?

I posted it the way I wanted to. So if you can't respond to it as is then you shouldn't respond at all. I'm asking for help not for negativity! Thanks to those who helped & understood the question. I get it now!!! Thanks again!!

The way you posted it made it appear that you ate 1500 total calories then either did, or planned to, burn 1500 calories via exercise which is extremely unhealthy. The alternative interpretation was you plan to consume 1500 calories then burn 1500 calories through a combination of exercise and BMR. The ability to express one's thoughts via the written word is crucial here as the two interpretations vary so widely and have vastly different potential outcomes. By the way, what you were given was help and not negativity.

Thanks for your advice too but I don't need clarity! To make a point...I would have understood what was said without the "for clarity" part! And btw I said thanks for all the advice...meaning everyone who posted! What I think is negative is being corrected w/o asking anyone to do so...no one here can read my mine. I asked it how I want too! I put in a ex. so ppl would see what I mean...anyway good day ppl! Thanks anyway!!

She was trying to help people to help you. There was no negativity. Your question was up for interpretation due to the way you worded it vs the thread title. We, the reader, are not inside your head so unless you word it in a way that isn't up for interpretation, you might not get accurate or helpful advice. You found insult where none existed.
    Ok thanks!
  • MzKym1981
    Options

I wasn't correcting you, I was highlighting a point you made in case others had missed it. People often go by only the subject title.

Ok...thanks!!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

You obviously do need to work on the clarity of your posts. Just look at the responses your title and first post received and how wildly the interpretations varied.
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Hater.

Why so much negativity?

Right? Why can't we all just get along?
  • MzKym1981
    Options

You obviously do need to work on the clarity of your posts. Just look at the responses your title and first post received and how wildly the interpretations varied.

Thank you too...from now on I want ask for any advice!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

See, here's another problem with clarity.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Geez, why are you so negative. I need to get you a cupcake or something.
  • Hornsby
    Options

for clarity, it's "won't".
  • brianpperkins
    Options

That's up to you. If you choose not to ask for further advice it saves the community from trying to decipher what you really mean as compared to what you actually write especially when the thread title and wording of your opening post do not clearly align.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

There was no negativity here...she was just clarifying for the general population who might possibly be confused by the disconnect between your question and the title...I don't think the clarification was even meant for you.

I would also suggest reading the stickies that you said you'd read when you signed up...they are the instructions on how this tool works.
  • MzKym1981
    Options

Who cares? Now correct that!
  • MzKym1981
    Options

That's up to you. If you choose not to ask for further advice it saves the community from trying to decipher what you really mean as compared to what you actually write especially when the thread title and wording of your opening post do not clearly align.

Why are you responding then?
  • Hornsby
    Options

Still hangry I see. A cupcake is in order.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I'd like a cupcake.
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Why are you responding then?

When do you mean when you say "then" since that date and time is not clear?
  • MzKym1981
    Options

Lol!! Thanks anyway!! I would let this upset me but it's not worth it!! So carry on!!! Once again thanks to everyone who responded. I see how it could be confusing the way I asked...
  • ragtopmama
    ragtopmama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My goodness! I just recently rejoined mfp and thought this would be an interesting topic. The nasty comments that went back and forth have definitely helped me make the decision NOT to ask for any support on the board. For some of us, opening up and asking for help is difficult enough without having to worry about whether I will be attacked about the wording of my question.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My goodness! I just recently rejoined mfp and thought this would be an interesting topic. The nasty comments that went back and forth have definitely helped me make the decision NOT to ask for any support on the board. For some of us, opening up and asking for help is difficult enough without having to worry about whether I will be attacked about the wording of my question.

Was my post really an attack? I was sincerely trying to help the poster, not correct her. I certainly wasn't attacking her.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

This is why I don't answering posts asking for help anymore. Even the most benign stuff is construed as rude by somebody! Why even bother?