IIFYM. Yaay I think

Options
Helllo!
I just started doing IIFYM around 4 days ago and I literally feel amazingg. I have always restricted myself to clean eating, and by that I mean no candies or deserts ever. I became a little obsessed but after following a few instagram figure competitors I found you can have a balance in moderation! I love how everything is going and was just wondering if anyone else had the same macros as me 35/25/40 CFP (1400 cal/day) and were willing to share some recipes or advice! I'm just looking to tone up and lose around 5 pounds or more of fat.

Replies

• jm614212
    jm614212 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yay! i am starting today! my macros are 40% carb 25% fat 35% protein 1935kcal. last night I planned out my meals for the day. It was really difficult to make sure I came as close as I could to my macros. It definitely took a lot of tweeking! I have a lot more weight to lose but I would love to have someone to bounce ideas off of! Any tips you have on meal planning would be awesome!
  • kessler4130
    kessler4130 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have always used it, 80% of what I eat is still super clean, there is a huge misconception that we just eat pop tarts all day every day. My diary is open for all to view and see what I eat to hit my macros. In my opinion the macros are more important than the calories, I will never be light on my protein to hit my calories, I can always offset my carbs if I am over in protein as excess protein is just converted to glucose anyways, but I always hit my fat and proteins even if I go over a few calories.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have found IIFYM to be wonderful. It has helped me have a much better relationship with food. There are no 'bad' or 'forbidden' foods. As long as it fits in my macros I can eat a moderate portion guilt free. I went to a birthday party Saturday, had a piece of cake and ice cream and still came in under my calorie goal. I was able to enjoy the gathering and didn't feel like I was cheating.

Generally I am pretty focused on meeting my macros during the week and then as long as my calories are under goal on the weekend, I consider it a good week. At the end of the day, I'm still losing weight and it is a method I can live with for the rest of my life, so I'm OK with that.
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for people who don't live IIFYM. Be happy you've made this life changing discovery early!
  • jm614212
    jm614212 Posts: 5
    Options
    did anyone feel like they were really eating A LOT when they first started?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Personally I love IIFYM. Just don't neglect your fiber and veggies-- I was guilty of that in the beginning.
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE IIFYM!! I def think its the way to go!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I try to follow this but seem to go over my carbs. My calories are good but I guess I am a carb junkie.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I have always had a horrible problem with binge eating. Blimped up to 410 lbs. I always tried "dieting", not eating ANY junk, not eating bread, etc... always failed. After using the IIFYM approach I'm down 70 lbs so far :) That doesn't mean that all I eat is poptarts and cake of course. But if I want to treat myself I will, so long as it fits.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. What does the statement really mean - If it Fits Your Macros means you are giving your body the right nutrients it needs, what more can it ask for (apart from a bit of apple pie and ice cream after you have hit them and done a good workout :-)
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am so much happier with iifym than any other type of eating I have tried in the past.
    Good luck to you all.