Anyone Recovering/Recovered from an ED...

Options
So I'm curious if anyone has done the MM method of recovery as suggested on youreatopia.com? I'm just really curious and would love to know what you think about it and if it's working/has worked? Please let me know your thoughts!

Replies

• PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 17 and trying to recover from my ED. I tried the MM guidelines and it's a really tough road, I got a couple of months in but relapsed and I'm working on getting back on track now. I'm 5ft 8 1/2in so I ate 3500 cals a day and the good thing is that your eatopia gives you no limits - they don't say watch your sugar, watch this, that - it's just eating as much of what you fancy as you want as long as you hit minimums.
    I must say that for me, my acne flared up on the MM plan and I felt even more fatigued than in did while restricting but I did gain weight and people told me I looked better so I reckon just dive right in and find out if it works for you! The main issue is the bloating (especially stomach area) which gives you negative body image and you'll have extreme ups and downs but it's best to make sure you have a support system like a care team (nutritionist, doctor, etc.) to help you through because I've heard from fully recovered people that although you initially feel worse, they've never felt better and MM helped to repair their issues with food.
    I hope it works out for you :)

Thank you! that's really helpful to hear! I'm hesitant for the fact I'm on a meal plan in a treatment program and I'm just torn lol. Ah! But thank you so much!!!
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options
    PS I wish you the best of luck in recovery! :)
  • Lucygoosex
    Options
    No worries! And thank you!! Just remember that food can only do you good and I wish you all the best :)
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options
    No worries! And thank you!! Just remember that food can only do you good and I wish you all the best :)

Thank you and I wish you all the best as well! If you ever need anything/support/someone to chat with, I'm here! :)
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad you are here. Compulsive eating disorders are different sides of the same box. I wish more varieties of eating disorders were here. I learn from others and wish to be of support. I'm proud of you both. It takes courage to change and much courage and faith to face our fears. Well done.
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I learn so much on this site and I did not even think about this. I did not even understand what the conversation was about until I looked up your website. I am proud of the both of you for working the steps and being confident in knowing that you are enough! The both of you rock!
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options
    I'm really glad you are here. Compulsive eating disorders are different sides of the same box. I wish more varieties of eating disorders were here. I learn from others and wish to be of support. I'm proud of you both. It takes courage to change and much courage and faith to face our fears. Well done.

Thank you so much! You are so kind! And awesome job to you as well! Keep up the great work and you're very inspiring! Keep on fighting! :)
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options
    I learn so much on this site and I did not even think about this. I did not even understand what the conversation was about until I looked up your website. I am proud of the both of you for working the steps and being confident in knowing that you are enough! The both of you rock!

Awww thank you so much! That means a lot! It's definitely a tough road but one that I am willing to fight so that I can live to see my future! And you rock as well!
  • Ra1nb0w_Br1ght
    Options
    Edited.
  • PeacefulBalance
    Options
    Edited.

Wait what?