Eating every 2 and 1/2 hours or every 3 1/2 - 4 hours?

Options
Which one do you guys think is better?

Eating every 2 and a half hours seems to work pretty well for me until I start overeating every 2 and a half hours so I think every 4 hours works for me best. I'm planning on mapping out times of when I can eat thanks to the advice of a friend but I was wondering which one everyone else thought about this topic.

And i'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place. I haven't been on this site in a long time and hope that I'm in the right place

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Eat at the times that are going to help you reach your goals. It is a personal preference thing.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Eat at the times that are going to help you reach your goals. It is a personal preference thing.

+1

Some people do really well on small meals throughout the day. Others feel like gnawing their own arm off if they have to eat that way. It won't have a significant impact on your weight loss. It may affect your energy levels, hunger, or gym performance throughout the day. Play around and find what works best for you.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    i'm a night eater, i could eat 2k calories or 0 in the morning, i'm always hungry at night. So I save my cals for the evening. As others have stated, do what works for you.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Whichever is easiest for you to sustain. It makes no measurable difference to your metabolism or weight loss.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Whichever is easiest for you to sustain. It makes no measurable difference to your metabolism or weight loss.

Agree.

I like eating 1 large meal preferably at the start of the day (brunch) after i've trained. Then a second smaller meal around dinner.I lost my first 30 pounds that way
  • jeannelabanane
    jeannelabanane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    As far as overeating, it helps to plan what, and the amount, you're going to eat at the times you decide. That's what helps me anyway. I know that a snack is either a yogurt or some almonds, and I pre-count the almonds and put them in little baggies.