Trying to Lose 12 Pounds

Options
Hey! I'm 5'8, and weight 137. I'm naturally thin but I've always struggled with my stomach fat. I've lose 12 pounds so far this summer and noticed a big difference in my stomach fat loss. Does anyone know any diet tips? I researched and learned the only true way to lose belly fat is to simply lose weight.

39990661.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• hooah13m
    hooah13m Posts: 29
    Options
    I think if you don't eat as much simple carbs (rice, flour, junk food ect.) and reduce your sodium intake it might help. I know those things tend to cause the body to retain water and appear bloated. I also think that pilates can help with toning! (I personally love blogilates on YouTube! super effective and fun :D) but losing the weight does help as well (even though you are at a great weight I say :))
  • OhCora
    OhCora Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    strengthen those tummy muscles by doing ab work, that will tighten it up for a flatter mid section. crunches, sit ups, planks, etc.
  • lizziebay
    lizziebay Posts: 7
    Options
    I find that drinking a lot of water (A LOT) and tea in the morning and sometimes at night helps with water retention and keeps my stomach looking flatter.
  • karinaxoxokarina
    karinaxoxokarina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Thanks so much. Thats exactly what I've been doing everyday. I've reduced my carbs and calorie intake, and its helped a lot. Since that can sometimes reduce vitamin intake, every morning, i make sure to take my multivitamins, blend frozen fruit and two cups of water, and drink another glass of alkaline green powders thats enriched with kale, collard greens, cranberry and etc. As for the yoga, i know i have a few DVDs lying around so i'll start that too!
  • karinaxoxokarina
    karinaxoxokarina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think if you don't eat as much simple carbs (rice, flour, junk food ect.) and reduce your sodium intake it might help. I know those things tend to cause the body to retain water and appear bloated. I also think that pilates can help with toning! (I personally love blogilates on YouTube! super effective and fun :D) but losing the weight does help as well (even though you are at a great weight I say :))

Hey girl! Thanks so much. Thats exactly what I've been doing everyday. I've reduced my carbs and calorie intake, and its helped a lot. Since that can sometimes reduce vitamin intake, every morning, i make sure to take my multivitamins, blend frozen fruit and two cups of water, and drink another glass of alkaline green powders thats enriched with kale, collard greens, cranberry and etc. As for the yoga, i know i have a few DVDs lying around so i'll start that too!