100 pounds lost, and kept it off for 3 years (pics)

rachelaughe
rachelaughe Posts: 21 Member
Hello All,
I haven't been on the message boards here in quite awhile, but I still use MFP to track my calories every day. I was looking at some of my old posts, and saw that I posted my before and after pics when I hit my goal weight of 140 in September of 2011. Then it hit me that I have now been maintaining my weight loss for almost 3 years. I'm about 5 pounds heavier today then I was in 2011, but I'm okay with it. I posted my before and after pictures 3 years ago, because I was proud of myself, but also to let people know it is possible to make positive changes in your life. They say most people who lose a substantial amount of weight will gain it back, and I often found that statistic discouraging when I was losing weight. I won't say it is always easy to maintain, but I wanted to let people see that it is absolutely possible.

f04aee7d-b560-42a7-87e4-ab93339b1562_zps42087b7a.jpg

Replies

• SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    That's awesome!
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Good job, I have never been successful keeping the weight off but it hasn't stopped me from trying again.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Thank you for taking the time to post! This is so encouraging!:drinker:
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    See, THIS is my plan! You are truly inspirational. I want to be the person who, three years from now, lets others know that I'm still around and still down with the plan. Way to 'keep the faith'!
  • sroujiyc
    sroujiyc Posts: 1
    Wow! Way to go. You look amazing!!
  • whattodo54
    whattodo54 Posts: 26 Member
    That is really great! Losing it and then keeping it off. Congrats!
  • flashfangirl_102
    flashfangirl_102 Posts: 32 Member
    whats your secret? :D
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Well done, that's a massive achievement, I think it's harder to keep it off than lose it :smile:
  • _Junko_
    _Junko_ Posts: 13
    Fabulous achievement, you're awesome! Well done for maintaining too, it's a lot harder than people think sometimes! Junko
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    Great post . You look fantastic.
  • Wow, truely inspirational, well done you!
    It's my first week on MFP and I've got to lose just under the 100lbs. You've certainly given me hope :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    3 yrs in maintenance! Now if that isn't a success Story, I don't know what is!

Well done!
  • crikey_katie
    crikey_katie Posts: 136 Member
    That's awesome. I have about 20-30 pounds to go, i WILL keep it off :)
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you for sharing -- now THAT is success!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!
  • JenniferOBX5
    JenniferOBX5 Posts: 15 Member
    Awesome! Thanks for posting and letting others know it can be done!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    congratulations on your weight loss, and keeping it off for 3 years! You look wonderful.

I have always said the only way to keep it off is to log each day. It became a habit for me and has saved my life when I was eating too little after a divorce and chronic health issues.

Your post makes me feel more secure in my decision.

:flowerforyou:
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!