Dessert Every Night

Options
I am not a picky eater. At all. I will eat practically anything and am not afraid to try new things. There is one deal breaker in my diet though. Dessert. I must have some kind of sweet treat at the end of the day. It could be an ice cream sundae or a mint- but I need it or I feel deprived. I've been tracking my macros for two weeks and eating ice cream and chocolate (in moderation!) and have lost 6 pounds. Yes, I am being super careful for breakfast and lunch and lifting heavy BUT I like it so it works.

Does anyone else have diet 'dealbreakers'? I ask because I wish I had known mine earlier- would've saved myself a lot of time and frustration!

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I am not picky. my deal breaker is "I am hungry all the time and just want more food", doesn't matter if it's nuts, or turkey breast...I can't be full after one serving...
  • JoeCampbell85
    Options
    No single item but if I can't enjoy a night out with friends and family then it will be a deal breaker. One of the reasons I have stayed away from the keto diet. I want to be able to eat at a restaurant without going crazy. Or eat some awesome homemade indian food and not freak out.
  • BirdGirlFit
    BirdGirlFit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the word 'diet'. I try to see it as just what you eat, not necessarily losing weight or some 'program'. The word has negative connotations for sure!
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I too have dessert every night - usually either a couple mini cupcakes, a couple cookies, or one of the single serve ice creams, but even a couple pieces of chocolate work for me. As long as it fits in to my calories and I plan for it, it seems to work.
  • lightemupdc
    lightemupdc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm an ice cream guy and rice cake guy every night. Caveat being: it needs to fit my macros and calories (which I make sure it does) by tailoring what I eat throughout the day for that night-time bliss.
  • roenutrition
    roenutrition Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Same here. Not dieting. Just changing what and how I eat. So yes, dessert included in my macros. :)
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    Yes, guilty of this. I have been eating ice cream and chocolate everyday for the past 2 weeks.. it's because it's too hot .. that's what I have been saying hihi but I still kept at deficit so I'm good.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I have been eating a square (10g) 72% dark chocolate every night. Used to be I could down a whole bar (this is how I got fat! among other things). Now, I freeze the chocolate and savor it very slowly and I've not yet been tempted to pig out. Also, I found 100cal greek froyo cups. Both these things fit my new lifestyle easily. :)

Also, my kid turned 14 last week and I ate chocolate cake with fudge frosting two days running. It's all about moderation!
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    ice cream every night.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I am not a picky eater. At all. I will eat practically anything and am not afraid to try new things. There is one deal breaker in my diet though. Dessert. I must have some kind of sweet treat at the end of the day. It could be an ice cream sundae or a mint- but I need it or I feel deprived. I've been tracking my macros for two weeks and eating ice cream and chocolate (in moderation!) and have lost 6 pounds. Yes, I am being super careful for breakfast and lunch and lifting heavy BUT I like it so it works.

Does anyone else have diet 'dealbreakers'? I ask because I wish I had known mine earlier- would've saved myself a lot of time and frustration!
    Nothing wrong with eating your treats. I have ice cream every day, as long as I can fit it into my calories. However, last night I decided to forgo my ice cream for a small slice of my freshly baked bread.

I have been in maintenance for awhile now, but even when I was eating at a calorie deficit, I ate every single thing wanted, I just made sure I didn't overdo it all the time and I worked to stay in my calorie allowance.

I love that I have earned the art of portion control. It's such a gift.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I also do dessert every night (I"m doing a scoop of lemon cake ice cream and a scoop of raspberry sorbet tonight. Nomnom). Nothing wrong with that. Macros made, veg eaten, yumyum dessert time.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Dessert and coffee. Won't live without either. I just stick to one cup of coffee a day and work my desserts into my calories.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I have the SkinnyCow Ice cream sammiches on hand for this very reason.
  • OysterKat
    OysterKat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i try to eat dessert every night and i work out so i can make it happen lol
  • TwistedSpinster
    TwistedSpinster Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Dark Cola's are my Achilles heel this time, Usually cherry or Vanilla cokes/pepsi. At one time I found the 50/50 pepsi that was cherry/vanilla a year or so ago but it got discontinued. I'm trying to keep it under 24 oz a day, or two cans. I work nights and go to school I feel like I need the caffeine intake just to get out of bed some days.
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Or something sweet! I can usually limit myself to 1-2 dove chocolate squares or something similar. I got to eat half a cupcake today though. It was delicious!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I go thru phases where it was peanut butter every night, then ice cream, cupcakes, Right now I pretending quest bars are desserty and eating them for dessert:)
  • amandagorder
    amandagorder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    making jellos right now !! the sugar free ones re 10 cals a serving. some times I put chocolate syrup in Greek yogurt lol its weird but it gets me through
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm ALL about dessert!!!! It's all in the planning.