Elliptical?

Options
I'm going to buy an Elliptical....there are so many out there online that I'm confused!!! Anyone out there own one or does anyone have a suggestion of what brand is a good brand? I'm not rich so I was thinking $3-400 max price...can I even get a decent one for that price range?

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00623955000P?sid=IAx20090815x000001&aff=Y

A friend of mine bought one of these from sears and I tried it and its pretty good. I personally love the gym and payig for the best equipment but this is a awesome price =)...Nordic Track always has a good name
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You'll most likely be getting one that has magnetic resistance and no programs. Personally, I don't like magnetic resistance machines. I really only like the $5000 Precor machines, which is why I have a gym membership instead of a home machine.
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    I love my Elliptical!!

I have a Proform -- it's a pretty good brand. If it's going to be your main form of cardio, I would suggest spending another $1-200 (if you can). This is one thing where you get what you pay for. The first one I got at K-mart for about 150, and the second one I got from an ad I saw on TV for about 250 -- it was a little better than the first, but they both started falling apart after about a year.

The Proform, I got 4 years ago. It still works great, but I hear some knocking -- it think it's in the flywheel and I can't figure out how to get the assembly apart so I can take a look. But, that's ok -- I plan to get a new one next year, probably a little better grade than this one (not sure which brand, but I may stick w/Proform).

Also, look for sales --- sometimes the more expensive ones go on sale. I found my Proform at ****'s sporting goods for $499 and it was $699 regular price.

Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • eshyay
    eshyay Posts: 18
    Options
    I don't own one - have only used them in the gym - but I must say they are my favourite piece of gym equipment, and if I were going to buy anything for use at home it'd be an elliptical for sure!
  • Loribell23
    Options
    I have a Pro-Form XP160. I love it!! It's really great and it's in the price range that you are looking for. I have had mine for about 4 years now and it's still going strong. It has many different settings for cross training and different resistance levels too. I can't brag enough on it- I'm so happy I made the leap. I was contemplating a treadmill but I went with the Elliptical and I'm so glad I did.