SAHM 01/10 to 01/16

Options
124»

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    morning girls! katiem--love having you check in with me. today i slept in (till 7) so i haven't done my workout yet. hope to do it later, after childr museum/library outing.
    otherwise i'll take it as a rest day and rock it tomorrow.

katie--how did you decide what body fat % to aim for? how do you know what's do-able and/or appropriate? did the trainer tell you?
    that's one of my goals this year--to find out my body fat and then to set a realistic goal.

i'm HUNGRY. off to have my breakfast! later--
  • mamato4boys1girl
    Options
    The scale went DOWN again this morning, WOOHOO!! :happy:
    I won't log it till Monday though, I like to see it stay down for a few days before I log it so I can believe that I really dropped more weight.
    Today is day 7 of Slim in 6 which = break day so I will skip the workout to let my muscles recover but I am going to do the stretching dvd that came with the set.
    The boys never got worse than the runny noses & were doing better yesterday after their naps so I decided I had to get out of the house & went to a friends Scentsy party. It was so needed & I was proud of myself I didn't eat a thing and just drank a bottle of water!
    Well it is off to do some grocery shopping, veggies are running low and the boys drank all the milk again. Walmart with all 4 boys by myself on a Saturday that should burn a few calories, right!!
    Have a great Saturday everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    So my boys went into my hubbys office while I was working out...and usually this isfine....they draw or watch cartoons......but today they decided to paint with whiteout!!! UUUUGHHHHH!!!!! Now we have white out all over Trey's coat and Jace's basketball uniform and jeans.......not a very happy camper right now.....although I did get to run 3 miles on the treadmill and hubby is cooking dinner......so i guess i will take the good with the bad.....i read on the internet that wd-40 takes white out off of clothing.....I will let you know if it works.....hope you all have a great day.......
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Stacey~FYI Saturday and Sunday is going to be my rest days, for now anyways.

Thank you for you support!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    The scale went DOWN again this morning, WOOHOO!! :happy:
    I won't log it till Monday though, I like to see it stay down for a few days before I log it so I can believe that I really dropped more weight.
    Today is day 7 of Slim in 6 which = break day so I will skip the workout to let my muscles recover but I am going to do the stretching dvd that came with the set.
    The boys never got worse than the runny noses & were doing better yesterday after their naps so I decided I had to get out of the house & went to a friends Scentsy party. It was so needed & I was proud of myself I didn't eat a thing and just drank a bottle of water!
    Well it is off to do some grocery shopping, veggies are running low and the boys drank all the milk again. Walmart with all 4 boys by myself on a Saturday that should burn a few calories, right!!
    Have a great Saturday everyone. :flowerforyou:

WTG, Christi!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    good job christi--on the loss and just having water!

krisl--3mi is great! good luck on the white out..

i looked at melissa's diary and i can see where i screw up daily. and how little food i can have to stay at 1200ish cals. NOT happy about that. i just printed my report for the month so far so i can plan using that. see what to eliminate to keep me closer to my cals, but still be the food i like.
    man, this sucks! i was six pounds from my goal and now i'm back to 20lbs.

sorry, pity party for one only.

katiem-got your note and that's fine. i took today off but will be doing zumba tomorrow. wish me luck!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hit a milestone today! 180s!

189.8lbs
  • HW2Hottie
    HW2Hottie Posts: 100
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Just wanted to stop by and join! I am a SAHM, to three kids, 13F, 9F, 4M. We just moved to a new town and therefore I am short on adult conversation some days as well. My husband is active duty Army so well, you can imagine that time spent talking these days is limited! I have about 30 pounds to loose and my schedule for the gym is of course built around the kids. So ladies, I have a question..Which do you find easier, going in the morning while everyone is sleeping*, or the evening when everyone is ready for bed! So far I have been doing a mix of both with mixed results. Thankfully, my Golds' has childcare in it free for up to one hour and use it when I can. My son likes it so thats not an issue. Just trying to get ideas from others and see what works.

Thanks!

*To clarify, the 13 is responsible and Red Cross certified* :)
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone's been up to a lot this week!!! Congrats on all your successes and welcome to all the newbies! I've struggled a lot this week, TOM and husband's birthday and husband out of town for half the week......sure shook up my routine I had set up.......oh well, back to the grind! Not thinking I will have lost much this week after last weeks loss, but I do feel good about all the workouts I've been getting in!!!

My computer has been on the fritz, so I am limited to how much time I get on here....just wanted to stay intouch, say hi, welcome, and keep up the great work everyone!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Stacey~I know what you are saying on the food. I completely sabotaged myself yesterday. A friend of mine asked me if I could go to the store for her. She couldn't go because her hubby was here helping my hubby put in a exterior back door. When I was at the store getting her stuff for her I seen Chex mix honey nut and of course bought it. I pretty much ate the whole dang bag. :grumble: Food is my weakness. So today I am going to hold stronger to not eating too much and log it before I eat it that way maybe I can guilt myself into not eating it. :laugh:

Katie~I love the cardio party too! I should just say that I love Turbo Jam all together. I have though about getting the Turbo Fire. How do you like it?

Welcome Armyhwife! For me if I don't get it done in the morning I struggle through the day BUT my philosophy is do it when you can and when it works best for you and not any one else.

Skinnydreams~Next week is a new week. Baby steps is what gets us there.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Paige ~ Nice work on the treadmill!

Stacey ~ I chose 25% because I want to be on the low end for 'average' I think most charts say 25-31% is average body fat for women. Also 25% also means I would weigh around 130-135 and that seems like it would be a good weight for me (I'm almost 5'3"). This had some good info you might be interested in: http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm

Christi ~ I hope that weight keeps falling for you!! so exciting!

Kris ~ oh no! Sorry about the whiteout, totally sounds like soemthing my kids would do!

Amanda ~ Wohoo! Congrats!

Armywife~ Welcome to the group! Hopefully you can get out and meet people soon. We are Air Force, so I totally understand the whole making new friends thing. We just moved in August, but I've had a much easier time making friends this time around. We just joined the Y, so I go in the morning after I drop my oldest off at preschool, and my younger goes into childcare. It seems to work out the best for us!

Katie ~ I love TurboFire!! It's intense, but so much fun! I love love love the music, it makes a difference in how I work when I like the tunes. I totally love the HIIT workouts too :)

Today was a bad day, kinda just decided to take a cheat day. I feel gross and bloated though, but hey, at least the Bears won!! ;-P Tomorrow is a new day, and I start my new weight lifting program!
  • NewMomma1982
    NewMomma1982 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome Erika! Nice work on the shred!

NewMomma ~ Your little boy is sooo cute! I hope you get cleared to exercise, it's the worst waiting when you just want to get out and go! Let me know how you like the Zumba DVDs!

Brittany ~ welcome to the group! Any questions, just ask, nothing is too silly :)

Katie ~ thanks! You're too sweet (and we use rock star here too lol) I love cardio party!! I guess that's why went ahead and got the TurboFire DVDs, I knew I was gonna love them!

Cari ~ Have you heard of the Couch 2 5k program? It's a great place to start! It's a walk/run program that gets you used to running 30 minutes comfortably in 9 weeks. I did it almost 2 years ago, and it's still one of my favorite forms of exercise. I ran a 1/2 marathon in Nov and plan on another on in May. I also downloaded these free podcasts that had more hip/hop and pop music: kissmyblackass.org, they were a huge help because they told me when to walk and when to run, all while playing music I liked! Sounds like you and I like running for the exact same reason..time to myself without kids crawling all over me! LOL

Roughneck ~ Join away!

Kris ~ Congrats on the loss!

Toni ~ Welcome!!

Barb ~ Congrats on the loss!!

Hi JSM! Congrats on your loss so far!

Christi ~ Yes, MFP is an excellent distraction! LOL

You ladies have been busy, phew! So I met again with the trainer today and went through all the machines to make sure I knew how to use them properly, and got a plan set! I start my weight training on Monday! I will do it 5 days a week, along with all my crazy cardio I do. I'm going to have start eating like an athlete soon! LOL I'm excited though, I wanna be buff! ;-P

Off to have a glass of wine! I've been having trouble filling up my calories lately...I know wine isn't the best thing to fill it up with, but it's been a long week!!

Thanks so much girl! My baby boy is my WORLD!!! I DID get cleared for exercise, so YAY! I've already gotten in 2 official workouts and am trying to find ways to squeeze in exercise where ever I can. I am going to try the Zumba dvd's on Wednesday I think. SO I'll let you know how they go! And when the weather gets warmer, I'm going to check out that Couch to 5k. I've got friends that did that and said it was great! And btw, we're military too! Army. Nice to meet other SAHM/Military wives on here!!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Well I've now been in the 180s for two whole days lol. 189.8lbs, but it still counts.

Can't believe tomorrow my little man is 5 weeks old!!

My husband is getting his paternity leave in 2 weeks. I'm so excited. Although after this, he'll be gone til June (he's been gone since July 2010).
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Amanda~Way to go on hitting the 180's! Doesn't time just fly when it comes to babies?! I can't believe my baby is almost 17 months and what is even crazier to me is that he is almost that and I am NOT expecting another. :laugh: By this time I would be either VERY pregnant or a newborn.

I weighed in today and measured (measured first time in a LONG time). I have lost 2 lbs since last week. YAY!!! The good choices are starting to pay off. I was disappointed when I logged the measurements though BUT I can't expect not to gain them back if I am not doing the work to keep them off right?! Since the last time that I measured in Sept. I gained a some inches on my waist, hips and neck. :grumble: It's going to come off though I am sick and tired or being sick and tired and looking like this!