Meal replacment shakes

Options
Hi I was wondering what sort of results people have had after replacing 2 meals with shakes and a sensible meal for dinner? Sort of like Slim Fast but I am using whey precision protein (better protein to carb ratio)
This is a kick start diet I don't need people lecturing me on how its bad etc so answers from experience please

Replies

• DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Be ready to feel hungry all day.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    From experience? Ok

You don't need to do it. You don't need a kick start diet. Start eating at a net deficit and you will lose weight. Protein shakes are a supplement to a good diet, but no need to replace real food with them.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Hi I was wondering what sort of results people have had after replacing 2 meals with shakes and a sensible meal for dinner? Sort of like Slim Fast but I am using whey precision protein (better protein to carb ratio)
    This is a kick start diet I don't need people lecturing me on how its bad etc so answers from experience please

If you are still going to hit your recommended calories, then I don't see the point.
  • troutrouter
    Options
    I use them occasionally when I'm in a hurry and do not have time to make breakfast. I tried them consistently for about 2 weeks and they didn't contribute to weight loss any more than a balanced breakfast.
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    if you don't want people telling you how bad it is don't ask a question!!! also if you need a kick-start you are clearly not motivated enough to stick with cutting calories so maybe just come back when you are motivated enough.

I did all these diets and you know what they don't work LONG Term! just east at calorie deficit and you will lose weight! you don't even need to do exercise with it!

if its for an occasion go ahead and use replacement but you will find that the weight will come straight back.

I have been there and done that and now doing it properly and in 4 months I have lost 2 stone. :smile:
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Makes a good snack. I grabbed some at the store the other day because I needed to up my protein. The Kroger brand is only 180 calories. I would be violently ravenous if I replaced it with an actual meal. (I like food.)
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I replace one meal sometimes - cant imagine doing two though - sounds boring. I suggest using one that fills you up - which - is going to have more calories in it, which might not be what you are looking for... the one I use, after I add everything to it, has 220 calories. I put it in a Nutribullet with ice and it get's "whipped" so there's alot of air in it which makes me feel even fuller... I tried one that was 120 calories once and i was hungry an hour later and felt more like I wasted calories than anything :-(
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    and OP deactivated.
  • maireailbhe
    maireailbhe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm not fond of breakfast, so sometimes I'll take a shake instead. But using them as a regular meal replacement like they suggest always just made me MORE hungry...so I never actually lost much weight doing them. For me, at least, they were not a kick-start to anything other than disappointment because they made me really feel the struggle to lose weight. I've lost weight much quicker (and with zero effort) by just eating less calories. It helped me to eat less packaged food and more 'whole' foods. I work long hours and am quite busy, so to make sure I can actually do that and not rely on junk, I designate my Sundays to cooking and prepping food for the week. That way I can get healthy food just as quickly as 'fast food' during the week when I have zero time! Hope that helps! :)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    and OP deactivated.

Must not be ready.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lx9mpyC6Kg1r102opo1_500.jpg

Don't believe the hype. The whole weight loss thing is just a pick-up tactic shake likes to use.