365 days & the lessons learned - before & after pic

Options
carashirley
carashirley Posts: 169 Member
365 days ago I never believed this is where I would be today. I never believed my life would be changed the way it has. I never believed I would actually be writing a post like this one.
365 days ago God called me into action. God told me to stop living a life of addiction to food, hopelessness & failure. He called me into living the life He had planned for me all along. He called me to live a life of FREEDOM, HOPE & VICTORY!!! The past year has been the hardest, most rewarding & most spiritually filling year I have ever had. I have lost & I have gained. I have been weak, yet the strongest ever in those times. I have found the hope that is only available through Jesus Christ!!! I tried for years to fight this battle on my own. It was only when I gave the battle to Him that I was able to see victory!

I have learned so many things over the past year. Things I will never forget.

Plans will change
God will stay the same
The road will seem long
You won't walk it alone
You will have to use all your strength
God will give you more
You will fall down & make mistakes
His grace is new every morning
You will want to quit in the valleys
He will lead you to the mountain tops!
It will be worth it! You will be amazed at what God will do!

Can you dare to believe that 365 days from now your life can be more than what it is now? Can you dare to believe that God can transform you into everything He created you to be? Whatever your struggle is, whatever your demon is, whatever holds you down in failure... GOD CAN REDEEM YOU FROM IT!!!

365 days....proof that with God change is not just possible, it's inevitable!!!

God I give you the glory for every single day!

July2014.jpeg

Replies

• PaulaKac
    PaulaKac Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look like a different person. You've worked hard to get where you are...and it shows :-)
  • melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So what did you do to get these results exactly? And what are your stats if you don't mind my asking? Your before picture looks so much like mine now so Im interested to know :)
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I am so blessed to have you as one of my friends! Your faith and success are both amazing. Keep being awesome because God has big plans for you sister! (^_^)
  • hnsr1021
    hnsr1021 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    So proud of you, Cara!
  • Flyers1010
    Flyers1010 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Very inspiring pictures!
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I really like your poem!
    Can I quote you in my feed?
  • carashirley
    Options
    Sure!
  • carashirley
    Options
    I lost by diet & exercise. I started out watching calories, then did atkins,, then did paleo, then back to calories & now am back on atkins. As far as exercise goes I do crossfit
  • erikarobles
    erikarobles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!!!! So happy to have you as a friend!!!!!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Way to go OP! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • rugrat1mi
    rugrat1mi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Work it, Girl!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, OP! Very happy for you!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • bestrongbefit1
    bestrongbefit1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! :) love to see the smiles in after pictures!! great work!
  • rachswann
    rachswann Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I love what you wrote, I'm going to copy it & use it as inspiration! I've tried every diet out there & I've finally come to realize that once I turn it over to the Lord, with his help & a lot of determination on my part, I can do this! Thanks for posting!
  • kevinuc74
    kevinuc74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great job. Way to stay committed and for all your hard work. Your results show it. You look gorgeous!
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Very nice!!! You look great! Great inspiration for me and I'm sure, many others. I am 6 1/2 months in, and I am excited about what I will be at 365 days, too.
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Your poem was wildly inspiring, even for an un-religulous person like me :) Thank you for sharing - your joy is infectious!
  • Billie09
    Billie09 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you could do with taking some of the credit yourself. You managed to get yourself out of that situation to have a good happy, healthy life. I hope you continue to thrive. Have faith in yourself.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Incredible! God is good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!