Open Food Diaries to give me inspiration

Options
tinatwin1971
tinatwin1971 Posts: 16 Member
Hi there, Just starting out on the adventure that is myfitnesspal, having only been logging since Monday.

I noticed that a number of people have opened up their diaries to either everyone or friends. I was hoping to friend some of you who've been on here a while so that i can get inspired by how you're managing to keep your meals within your calorie goals.

I possibly have the most boring eating habits in the world, but this is mainly because work is so hectic and the commute adds 2 hours to each day, so we get our grocery shopping delivered.

The upsides to home delivery are that the bills tend to be lower and you don't have to pass by all of the tempting food in the stores, but the major down side is that you tend to just repeat order and end up eating the same things all of the time.

I'm loving the recipe calculator part of the site already, and can see I'll be using that a lot as I'm practically physically attached to my iPad, but I'd love to be able to see what other people are doing.

If anyone feels brave enough to let me into their world, please send me an friend request.

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    One thing I do that is very helpful, in my opinion: I plan out my day. I'll pre-log things. They often get changed - sometimes just the amount of something, and other times I'll end up having a totally different meal. But having an idea helps me to allot calories.
  • IlithyaUK
    IlithyaUK Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello

I will add you but i'm very new to this and am already finding myself repeating meals! So if anyone else fancies letting me take a peak at their food choices, add me as well :)
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to the public. Although if you like ground turkey, try some of these.

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/02/50-delicious-ground-turkey-recipes.html

I've been working my way down the list, some of them are really good.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to all :)
  • CrunchM
    CrunchM Posts: 4
    Options
    Mine's open to the public, but I eat a lot of food. Going back a year or so in my diary would likely serve best, as I quit MFP for awhile to do WW.

Places I go for inspiration in food include skinnytaste.com, skinnyms.com, and emilybites.com

Then there are just tons of recipes I see floating around and I will Pin or find on Pinterest.
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Feel free to add. I like to "diary stalk" for meal inspiration once in a while myself.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    my diary is open and like you my diet is kinda boring.. i tend to eat the same things again and again... i have a hard time being imaginitive... during the school year my hubby works nights so i am on my own for dinner and i can sometimes work in things he doesn't like... during the summer my hubby works days and his home at night and does alot of the cooking so things usually get switched up a little.. feel free to add me as a friend and check out my diary.. i also try to plan out my day and pre-log...

good luck on your journey...
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Mine's open to all and I take all friend requests. I'm a retired foodie with time on her hands who loves to come up with something new for supper. I'm also a lazy cook so you won't find Beef Wellington or other such formal dishes. I'm more likely to do what I did last night. A shipment of bulgur had come to the house from Amazon and I had some red cabbage that needed using. A googling of those two ingredients together led me to recipes for "fried rice style bulgur and red cabbage." Who knew? It was delish! I don't know yet if tonight will be interesting. We'll see how I feel come suppertime.

If you ever see a list of ingredients for supper in my diary and wonder what the heck I did with them, just give me a holler.
  • tweedledee16
    tweedledee16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary, and a hectic life, so I don't have any other option but switching it up! Feel free to add! I'm on daily.....
  • chriscrosse
    chriscrosse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I try to stay within 1200-1500 and I don't regularly eat my exercise calories back. I cook fairly often but have been eating a bit simpler in part because it's easier to log. I have boring meals like 2 100 calorie hot dogs:) and yummier complex ones too. I do find it easier to rotate many of the same foods or snacks and like someone mentioned above, preplan your day and prolog to make it easier to stay on track. Good luck!
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have been here 2 1/2 years and my diary is open. Anyone can feel free to add me if you like. Good luck on your journey's.
  • Kr1sMar1e
    Kr1sMar1e Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, my diary is open. I mostly eat the same things though. However, most things I've read on the subject say that it's better to stick to the same things, for the most part. Just as an example... http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/ask-diet-doctor-it-ok-eat-same-thing-every-day

I google ingredients I have on hand and try new recipes that way. Cooking Light is a favorite website of mine.

Good luck to you!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs are a great, easy food especially in the summer. I buy a lean beef hot dog that is 60 calories each + 60 calories for a light bun. (Only 1 grocery store sells them, but its a store brand and just a few cents per bun more than the regular.) The hot dogs taste like real hot dogs. I've tried other lean/low fat ones and they were lousy. The main difference in the bun is it uses less bread. But still enough to hold the hot dog.

That's in my plans for tonight actually!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Mines open! Warts and all! Feel free to add! I am attached to my iPad too! But I love MFP!
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Mine's open to friends. So feel free to add :)
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    well mine is public but I don't track macros or eat all healthy nut. Just warning you. I eat smart. I eat what I want. I preplan my day. I eat more when I exercise. It has worked for me since August 13th. You can look if you want.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I too am still fairly new, and only have 17 days logged - but my diary is open and you are welcome to it...
    I eat what I feel like, and judge by the # MFP gives me when I cant have any more food. Some days I went over on salt or sugar - most days I am beyond OK.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends, although admittedly a bit on the boring side. I'll get into sammich-mode for a week at a time and then chicken breasts for dinner for another week. Just makes it simpler. But I do log every day and every little thing - even the occasional Zotz candy. Love that fizz.:blushing:
  • gfit123
    gfit123 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SoFLpeg
    SoFLpeg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mine is open as well.

I am not trying to lose but maintain. And I am training for a marathon so I eat a lot (compared to most people). That said, I also ate a lot while losing, I only shot for a 400 calorie/day estimate.

I go in spurts and eat all of the servings of something I make until it is gone. Especially as I live with a picky eater who won't always eat some of the things I like so I am stuck with all the servings.

I suggest doing some meal planning around recipes from sites listed before (skinnytaste, cookinglight, etc) and do your grocery orders around those. The cookinglight site has a Sunday weekly mealplan page that has some interesting ideas.