Is it worth buying running trainers to go walking in?

Options
2»

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I bought some decent Adidas trainers just 'cos I do a lot of walking nowadays, but they're not specifically running shoes. I'll see if I can find the style - they cost me about £45.

Edit; closest I can find is Daily Vulc
  • Dean649
    Dean649 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I believe they have trainer looking shoes specifically designed for walking. I have a cool looking set of trainers I like to wear just walking around , but I have to be careful, they have a narrow outer sole and if I am not careful it is easy to roll an ankle. I would advise to try out a lot of shoes and go with the most comfortable, If it costs more, then so be it. some things you do not get from the bargain bin, shoes, Tires, Power tools etc. Heck, maybe try some of those shoes the nurses use. They are on their feet 12 hrs a day on hard tile floor constantly walking. I even see some of the doctors wearing them, They look kind of funky but they must feel great.
    And if you are going to spend more than just a little on a shoe, It never hurts to go on sites like Amazon.com and read reviews from people that have got the shoe you are interested in. Might save you from buying something that others have already learned was a bad shoe.
  • trombonegds
    trombonegds Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When I do excercise, I walk. I always buy running shoes and I have no foot issues whatsoever. I work for an orthopedic clinic and our foot doctor always encourages people to buy the most cushioned shoes you can afford, too protect the bones in your foot from stress. :) I prefer ASICS, they are super comfy and have nice bright colors.
  • Dean649
    Dean649 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When I do excercise, I walk. I always buy running shoes and I have no foot issues whatsoever. I work for an orthopedic clinic and our foot doctor always encourages people to buy the most cushioned shoes you can afford, too protect the bones in your foot from stress. :) I prefer ASICS, they are super comfy and have nice bright colors.

Well there you go, I would listen to her.
  • trm68
    trm68 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't, I'm 68, male, I'm not into fashion at my age,lol. Old shorts, goofy hat or visor, good walking shoes-Nike, old T shirt. I'm not over weight or under weight, just exercise to keep all my parts from rusting up.....................
  • emilyGPK
    emilyGPK Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I walk up to 5 miles at a time in normal flat office shoes that are comfortable. I am sure walking shoes would be more ideal, but I have had no problems.
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    IMO - if you can get to a store that has people trained to properly fit a shoe for your feet, body type, and needs do it. spend the extra money and get a good pair of shoes. I am partial to Keens myself. you need your feet for the rest of your life- the affect so mant parts of your body. be kind to them
  • photochik71
    photochik71 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I've got the Asics Gel Nimbus. They are the best shoes I've ever owned. They got rid of my plantar's faciitis!
  • I3righti3lue24
    I3righti3lue24 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If ur just walking, wear whatever is comfortable for you.... If your planning on jogging, running, or even walking faster... than maybe a better shoe, but no need to spend $100+ on shoes.