herbalife

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    ^I'm not going to quote you, because most of that rambling diatribe was just that, rambling.

Selling a product through vendors at an increased price to make up for a near-illegal buisness model...scam. When Congress starts investigating you there's probably a good reason why. When the founder of your company didn't even make it to high school and drinks himself to death.... scam.

Amazon doesn't try to use a personal relationship with me to guilt me into buying products. They offer goods for sale. While they may not have brick and mortar stores their business model resembles that of a typical store much more closesly than it does an MLM. Did you know that? I'm guessing you had to. Which makes me wonder why you'd choose such a poor example.

A product being inferior is not subjective. Brake pads that fail early and kill people are not a matter of "well some people like them, some don't." An inferior product is exactly that. And when a product makes health claims that are patently false it is inferior. There are better shakes out there, and they don't have pushy salespeople attached to them.

Now before we go on, which MLM are you a part of? In the interest of full disclosure. Because the only people I have ever seen defend MLMs, are involved with MLMs.

anigif_enhanced-3763-1395083247-1.gif
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I have tried and i lost 30 poinds and - 24 cm in 6 weeks! Here is a result in 4 weeks.

2rh34hf.png

Cheers

Yeah but you look really mad in your after pic. LOL
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    The founder of Herbalife, who had a 9th grade level education, was sued by the FDA over false health claims and the schemes used to sell them. A problem he dealt with by going on a 4 day drinking binge, causing the greatest of all medical issues, death.

So, totally legit.

Damn ... Brett beat me to it!

Can I add...anything that is done in pyrimid scheme format usually is preaching a ton of false claims.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I eat 5 times a day, and it is not only shakes. My food includes, meat, vegetables, fruit, kernels, milk products etc. I removed the junk food and soda, white sugar, white salt and products made with white flour. I have a lots of energy and better dreams with this type of food.

You can lose weight eating this way without the Herbalife.

edited because quote malfunction.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Options
    Scam Synonyms
    bunco (or bunko), con, fiddle [chiefly British], flimflam, gyp, hustle, fraud, shell game, sting, swindle

Herbalife was sued for making false medical claims. Millions of distributors were walking around telling people that Herbalife shakes would lower blood pressure, cure diabetes, and get people off their medications. If this isn't FRAUD or a scam I don't know what is!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It is not a "scam" - scam - skam/ nouninformal
    Blah, blah, blah

How is that any better (or less of a "scam") than someone who makes a profit on someone who is "below them" in a pay structure pyramid?

It's a scam.
  • brower47
    Options
    It's not a scam. Ty

blah, blah, blah

Herbalife is not perfect but it is a good company that produces a good product, that's it, not magic, not a cure all, not a gimick, not a scheme or scam.

Yeah, it's a scam.
  • brower47
    Options
    The founder of Herbalife, who had a 9th grade level education, was sued by the FDA over false health claims and the schemes used to sell them. A problem he dealt with by going on a 4 day drinking binge, causing the greatest of all medical issues, death.

So, totally legit.

I appreciate the info but what is the need of pointing out the 9th grade education level?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Just a few points about herbalife...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brent-a-wilkes/herbalife-a-pyramid-scheme_b_4220426.html

Herbalife's business model is far different than every other legitimate business in America because at Herbalife, a distributor's compensation is driven not by how much product they sell to retail consumers, but on how successful they are in recruiting other distributors into the "business opportunity". The vast majority of income generated by the company is from the products purchased by new distributors duped into buy their way into the business.

In other words...they make money by making salespeople.

Salespeople are taught, "The distributors are trained about how to tell a-rags-to-riches story such as "I used to wash dishes for minimum wage and now I sell Herbalife and make $150,000 per year, drive a luxury car, and live in a fabulous mansion." If a distributor is not yet a success they are told that they need to "fake it, until you make it" -- a favorite saying of Herbalife's founder Mark Hughes."
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Options
    double post. Here's a flower :flowerforyou:

It's so pretty!
  • brower47
    Options

So, totally legit.

I appreciate the info but what is the need of pointing out the 9th grade education level?

I tend to doubt the intelligence level of people who drop out of high school. If that makes me judgmental, so be it. Guess you can lump me in with most every employer, ever.

And yet he was smart enough to found a multi million dollar business (as sketchy/illegal as that business is). It just seems like unnecessary information.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I tend to doubt the intelligence level of people who drop out of high school. If that makes me judgmental, so be it. Guess you can lump me in with most every employer, ever.

My employer wasn't judgemental, thankfully.
    Now, thirty years down the road, I'm collecting a nice, fat pension.

Here's a flower for you. :flowerforyou:
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    A product being inferior is not subjective.

Yes, it is. You might like prefer Jiffy, I might like Peter Pan and we can argue all day long about which one is the better peanut butter and at the end of the day it's subjective.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I tried it sometime back in 2012 before I started on here and lost 40lbs. I was hangry, broke from buying the products, and ready to throat punch babies for a chicken wing.

Oh and I gained all the weight back plus an extra 10 once I got tired of drinking my food.
  • brower47
    Options

So, totally legit.

And yet he was smart enough to found a multi million dollar business (as sketchy/illegal as that business is). It just seems like unnecessary information.

I don't think people who start fraudulent businesses are all that smart. I think people who drink themselves to death are even less intelligent.

Being aggressive/cut throat/unscrupulous doesn't make you smart.

If you judge intelligence purely on ethics, then we don't have much to discuss. Plenty of incredibly smart people have done terrible things and plenty more have gotten themselves killed through drug use.

Being passive/gentle/scrupulous doesn't make you smart either.