Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's the best Fit Bit?

2»

Replies

• Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    These are such great posts! I am posting so I can come back and read it later... Looking into getting a Fit Bit myself!
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    I have a FitBit One! I debated between the One and the Flex for a longggg time, but recently I was given a One so ya can't beat free :flowerforyou:

I would have purchased the One anyway though, the Flex counts arm swings are steps. Plus knowing me, I wouldn't wear it everyday. I already have a Polar FT7 to wear on my wrist at the gym.

I can't really see how people can lose their One though, mine is attached my bra and I just unclip it, set it on my dresser and there it sits all night.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    I have the Fitbit One and love it. I've had it since May. I feel that it motivates me to reach 10,000 steps a day which ensures I'm more active than I normally would be. I pretty much wear it 24/7 and it's clipped on my panties so I don't feel it and never forget it.

I think the only con is it is a bit sensitive to stair steps. It records just stepping up on a curve or in my truck as a stair step. I don't feel that those steps are the equivalent to stairs.
  • CrunchM
    CrunchM Posts: 4
    I have the One and flove it.

It was recently part of a major, unaffiliated look at counters and was rated among the best.

The wrist ones interest me, but not yet. I want the Force, but have it be waterproof. I have no idea why waterproofing is so difficult for these things.
  • kimstapleton3
    kimstapleton3 Posts: 1 Member
    I have the ONE. Had the Zip, got tired of replacing batteries. Got the Flex, hated it interfering with my jewelry. The one has a rechargable battery and can be cliped inside a pocket or bra. Love it!:happy:
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    I investigated FitBit, and got a Garmin Vivo instead. The battery lasts a year without recharging. It gives the following: time, date, steps, goal, calories, miles and syncs with my p.c. I can also use a sleep function to track my sleep.

It really does look like a watch, with a slim, elegant band (mine is black..I"m not sure if it would be the same with the muticolored ones.) It ships with two bands...for an adult or a smaller adult/child.

Garmin is the favorite brand of all my triathlete friends, so I'm comfortable with the durability of the watch.
  • ChrisUK70
    ChrisUK70 Posts: 54 Member
    I had a Fitbit One but kept losing it as it came of my belt often, so stopped wearing it. Then I got a flex and wear it all the time it syncs with MFP easily and stays charged for days.

Only thing with wrist worn devices is I am not sure how accurate they are?
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    I've had the Flex since July 2013. Love it and the wrist band is pretty solid. I love that it syncs to MFP.
  • lopez219
    lopez219 Posts: 6
    I like the fitbit one. I like that it counts flights of stairs, steps, and miles- measures sleep etc. I wanted to upgrad to the force when it was recalled. I think a bracelet form would be easier to remember and get everystep (espcially if waterproof), but from what is available currently I suggest the fitbit one.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    I am just curious because I am looking into getting a Fitbit. With the Fitbit one, what do you clip it on to at night while you're sleeping?
    Do you just wear it like you would a pedometer and put it on your pajamas?

It comes with a wristband or you can clip to jammies....works both ways.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    I have had a One since November. I do love it. I track steps, stairs and sleep.

It really makes you aware of how active you are and how much you are sleeping.

I feel much better when I am getting 10,000+ steps a day and around 7 hours of sleep.

I clip it to my bra every day...I have only forgotten it 2 or 3 times.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Seems like I'm the only one with the entry-level (aka budget) Fitbit Zip.
    I have a Zip too! It was actually my first choice because of the coin battery. I already have enough tech stuff to charge every day. Plus, I didn't want a wristband, and I don't care about the sleep tracker. Saving some money was fine too, of course.
    I've been wearing it for four months and I find it 1) very motivating 2) deadly accurate at calculating my TDEE.
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Bump.