Zumba DVDs and game

Options
Does any have the Zumba DVD set or game? I'm interested in buying one but I'm not sure which is best. I know the DVDs come with the toning sticks and has dvds that targets certain areas. Does the game target areas like abs, toning, etc? Or would it be best to get both?

Replies

• monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Don't know which is better, but I just tried the DVD for the first time and I really like it. Fun and exercise is great for me. : )
  • Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    Options
    I have the Zumba gold set on DVD and it is fun and really get's you to sweat and burn. What I like about Zumba is that they are teaching you real dance moves, so when you lose all the weight you can shake- your -thang and look good doing it ! Zumba targets all the zones in the body and not only is it used to burn calories, but also for toning up all over. It's worth trying if you love to dance and you can do it at home. Hope this helps OH! and for counting the calories burning in MFP, just list it under Dancing and that should calculate it pretty good.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering this as well. I've been going to the actual zumba classes and I was wondering how the videos or the game compares.
  • tata2g3
    tata2g3 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I love to dance so I figured this would be a great investment. I've been working out to Just Dance 2 and the Michael Jackson game. I absolutely love those games! I could be the spokesperson lol I think I might buy the Zumba game and DVDs. That way, I would know if I'm doing it correctly because the game will be judging me :happy:
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just tried zumba on the wii for the first time today and i loved it i wore my heart rate monitor and i burned 260 calories in 24 minutes which is exactly what i burn on the boring eliptical for the same time! definitely more fun!
  • Aubers
    Aubers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the games are sort of tricky. I've heard complaints that just shaking the control gives you perfect scores and makes it hard to get through training sections. I do not own the game, however, if this is true I think I would rather spend the $$ on the dvds and toning sticks then a game that isn't really recording my actions anyways. If that makes sense.
  • Lacole216
    Options
    I have the Zumba Fitness DVD's & I love them. You will definitely break a serious sweat & get your exercise on if you follow the DVD's. I don't have the game for Wii but I do have both Just Dance 1&2 as well as the MJ game and they are great too - I have to agree with you on that. If you like those you will love the DVD's. I went to a Zumba class a few months ago but I like the DVD's better.
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    As a Zumba instructor, I have tried the ZUMBA DVD's. They're pretty awesome. We took some of our routines for our classes from the DVD's. The 20 minute abs one really works your abs out, and the 20 minute express really kicked my butt!! The DVD's should be close to what an actual Zumba class is like. I personally like working out with other people (and leading a class) so I'd prefer the actual class...but if you're shy about that kind of stuff you should go for the DVD box set from ZUMBA and you'd get the same work out. Just be careful if you workout on carpet, only because if you wear sneakers, there isn't a whole lot of give when you pivot and twist, which could cause knee problems.
  • tata2g3
    tata2g3 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow! thanks hels4397! I never knew that about working out on carpet. I ordered the DVDs and toning sticks yesterday. I'm so excited, I'm ready to do it. I'm trying to find a class to go to with some of my friends.
  • pallasathina
    Options
    I was actually wondering which one-DVD's or Wii- was better too? Also, I see that Amazon has a Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation set (with Beto) and Zumba Fitness Latin Workout set. Has anyone tried both?
  • abby12do
    Options
    Need some help. I am 54 and was looking at the Zumba tapes. I have never done Zumba, but am really interested in starting it. I'm not sure which to get. I hear the Zumba Gold is for beginners and I was wondering if it will help me lose weight as much as the regular Zumba. Thanks