Stretch Marks..

Options
Alice_Luther
Alice_Luther Posts: 93 Member
I realise this is a bit of an odd post but i figured if anyone will have them it will be people in the success stories section! I lost 4 and a half stone and counting. I was 12 and a half st now 9 st 12.. i went from a size 14-16 to 10-12. Although i was never badly obese i still have the stretch marks to prove i used to be,,

Its just not very pleasant.. if i ever catch a glance of the backs of my legs in the mirror or my bottom i just think.. oww yuck...

I exfoliate and moisturise.,.
Any tips for getting rid of them??

Replies

• sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I've heard that vitamin e works wonders. Been looking for it around me to no avail (pure vit e, that is, everything here is mixed with other stuff), so will probably start some sort of olive oil scrub to see if that makes any difference (have also heard that olive oil works well, though haven't tried either myself).
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    If you can find pure vitamin E capsules or gel caps, you can open them and use the contents thatvway.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    good luck
    you probably wont
    i have them on me
    for 16 years
    so let me know
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    They will fade but they will never go away. If you want them gone gone gone you will have to see a plastic surgeon. I have them everywhere from pregnancy to weight gain. The ones on my stomach from kids are more funky. Where as the ones on the rest of my body are a faded barely there whitish color. I have fair skin and moisturize everyday!
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    When I asked my dermatologist about this, she recommended Mederma. I looked into it, and it was really expensive, and the main ingredients were onion extract and aloe. Since I grow onions and aloe myself, I figured it'd be worth a try to make something myself. I have seen a difference in my stretchmarks using a homemade onion and aloe paste. I'm not aware of anyone else trying this, so I don't know if anyone else will get similar results.
  • frozentrace
    frozentrace Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    anyone else have any advice to help?
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I asked my dermatologist about this, she recommended Mederma. I looked into it, and it was really expensive, and the main ingredients were onion extract and aloe. Since I grow onions and aloe myself, I figured it'd be worth a try to make something myself. I have seen a difference in my stretchmarks using a homemade onion and aloe paste. I'm not aware of anyone else trying this, so I don't know if anyone else will get similar results.

How do you make it?
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I find Bio oil helps, I still have some stretch marks on my tummy but they have faded right out now, not too bad!
  • jasneet12
    jasneet12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

I'd love to know how you make the onion+aloe paste and your usage pattern.
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    You can't get rid of stretch marks but you can lighten them. I have a bit on my upper thigh, inside my thighs and my right calf (other one has none lol). They are already starting to lighten to a very light pink after a couple months. They will eventually turn a silvery color. Bio-Oil helps and Gold Bonds Ultimate Restoring Skin Therapy Lotion with CoQ10 helps :smile:.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Bio oil & palmers for stretch marks - Both of these can be brought in Boots/superdrugs.

Ive got a primrose oil from boots, Little small bottle its about £11 you just use a few drops, for scars, pigmentation, stretch marks etc... They do actually fade. Maybe check out some reviews online?

Or if it really bothers you, you can get laser treatment for them... Lots of skin clinics now do this!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I've found that the only thing that really helps is time. Maybe not what you wanted to hear but it won't cost you anything :)
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'm also wondering about the same thing. At my highest weight (210+), I had bright purple stretch marks on the backs of my knees, my hips, and my thighs. Even after losing 60 pounds, my stretch marks have faded to a thick and clear-like appearance. I am a diabetic and like to place my insulin pump's infusion sets on my hips, but my choice of real estate is really limited because of the stretch marks.
  • gizmo_2014
    gizmo_2014 Posts: 37
    Options
    Unfortunately, stretch marks are scars and therefore will never go away fully without plastic surgery. They will fade in time. Some lotions can help speed up the process but you can save tons of money if you just let time fade them. Stay hydrated and be patient.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've learned to live with em. They are there, even thin people can have stretch marks....its part of life. I got a tiny bit excited when I saw my thin friend have them on her arms....dont judge haha but yea you can probably lighten them if they are darker, all mine are light/white so I've just accepted them and love my body anyways
  • rossraskolnikov
    rossraskolnikov Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The greatest hope seems to be needling.

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermarolling-before-and-after-photos-from-our-customers/

My body's a mess of stretch marks. I plan to try this everywhere.
  • I3righti3lue24
    I3righti3lue24 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I dry brush 2-3 times a week and moisturize every day before getting off my bed... Not sure if its helped but mine have faded and gotten a bit smaller. They don't bother me anymore.

Hope you can find something that works.
  • brassballa
    brassballa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Maderma is good but coconut oil is amazing for lots of reasons including repairing your skin...Its not magic but it helps. everyone is right they will never go away .....but if you maintain your weight loss your stretch marks will fade ....research coconut oil ...its amazing also flax seed oil.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I had stretch marks simply from growing tall so quickly as a teenager. I had them on my hips. I really hate them but they faded after a few years. So even people who don't have weight issues (as I didn't way the heck back then) have them. Don't worry too much about them. Focus on the success! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!