Spaghetti Squash recipes?

Options
I have a lot of cooked spaghetti squash and don't want to use it with spaghetti sauce. ANY QUICK RECIPE SUGGESTIONS?

Replies

• acfueler
    Options
    Can't really think of anything other than what I use it for.........Spaghetti Squash Lasagna......you might be able to use an alfredo sauce instead of red sauce, or fattachini.:smile:
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I made squash au gratin with spagetti squash.. 108 cals per serving

unfortunately I'm at work so you can't have the recipe (neener neener)
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I found this link with dozens of recipes:
    http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-701&va=Spaghetti+Squash+recipes

I've only ever had it with salsa. Your question caused me to pause and take a look. Let me know what you try.
  • HealthyGirl222
    Options
    Thank you!!!! Some of those recipes look great!!! The spaghetti squash is a life saver for me while trying to keep calories low.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I like the tofu angel hair pasta and broccoli slaw too. I get HungryGirl emails and loads of recipes. The key to the tofu noodles is to rinse them really well before cooking. Once cooked, if you dry off the noodles really well the sauce sticks to them. My personal preference is the angel hair type ...the texture is more agreeable to me. Only 40 calories for the entire bag and packed with nutrition! Kid friendly too!
  • kimel
    kimel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Here is a great recipe for spaghetti squash

1 large spaghetti squash (3 lb./1.4 kg)
    1/4 cup 100% Parmesan Light Grated Cheese
    1/2 cup Part Skim Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
    2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
    1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
    Make It!

PIERCE squash several times with fork or sharp knife to allow steam to escape. Microwave on HIGH 10 min. or just until squash is softened, turning after 5 min. Let stand 5 min.

CUT squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Use fork to scrape insides of squash to form strands; place in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss lightly with fork. Spoon into 1 squash shell; discard remaining shell.

MICROWAVE 2 min. or until heated through.

nutritional information
    serving size = 1/2 cup (125 mL)
    per serving

Calories
    Total fat
    1.5 g
    Saturated fat
    1 g
    Cholesterol
    5 mg
    Sodium
    110 mg
    Carbohydrate
    8 g
    Dietary fibre
    1 g
    Sugars
    3 g
    Protein
    4 g

Diabetes Food Choices
    1/2 Meat & Alternatives
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I like to take cooked spaghetti squash and saute it in a pan with some olive oil, 1 or 2 minced garlic cloves and 1 to 2 tsp minced ginger. Makes for a yummy side dish.
  • sharigwon
    sharigwon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cook what ever fresh veggies I have (carrots, onion, mushrooms, zuchinni), seasonings of choice (roasted garlic, italian seasoning, salt, pepper) with a little water to keep them from sticking then add two cans of dices tomatoes with garlic and onions. Serve over the top of cooked spagetti squash. This makes enough for a weeks worth of meals.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    ***SNACK

So, i roasted a huge spaghetti squash on Sunday and have had it spaghetti style 3 times in the last two days...so i decided to change it up and improvise a snack out of it....
    Pan "fried" spaghetti squash with cheese

YUM!! SUCCESS!! The pan "fried" spaghetti squash was yummy (i love crispy cheese, so yeah!!) i mixed 1/2 cup of spagheti squash with 1/4 cup of mexican blend (shredded) cheese and a splash of egg white (1/2 Tablespoon). mix. spoon in (pam sprayed) pan. flatten out..med high..about 3 minutes each side. 105 cals

Use other cheeses...mix it up...I WANT MORE!!!!!

here is a link to a picture of it :0)

http://www.facebook.com/ellentv?ref=ts#!/photo.php?fbid=2191232984928&set=a.1125951193549.2019989.1370228100&type=1&theater
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    This is my fave spaghetti squash recipe, I'm making it tomorrow night! It's Greek style, but I omit the olives because I don't like them. :sick:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spaghetti-squash-i/detail.aspx
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    So, i roasted a huge spaghetti squash on Sunday and have had it spaghetti style 3 times in the last two days...so i decided to change it up and improvise a snack out of it....
    Pan "fried" spaghetti squash with cheese

YUM!! SUCCESS!! The pan "fried" spaghetti squash was yummy (i love crispy cheese, so yeah!!) i mixed 1/2 cup of spagheti squash with 1/4 cup of mexican blend (shredded) cheese and a splash of egg white (1/2 Tablespoon). mix. spoon in (pam sprayed) pan. flatten out..med high..about 3 minutes each side. 105 cals

This sounds good!! We are just discovering spaghetti squash and need more ideas for things to do with it. I definitely want to try this!
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    does anyone know where i can get squash in the uk the only one i seem to come across is butternut squash but i beleive thats too tough for squash spagetti
  • LittleFootLT11
    Options
    BUMP