What to mix/blend into PLAIN yogurt?

Options
13»

Replies

• Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Crystal hot sauce. This makes a creamy,spicy, salty dip for veggies, crackers etc. Greek yogurt works best.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I like to have raspberries with plain greek yoghurt - I squish them up a bit with the back of a spoon so theres some juice and some bits and mix it in, add honey and vanilla extract if you like.

Also I recently made tzatziki - slice cucumber in half lengthways and scrape out core with a spoon, then slice (I left my as half circle slices, but traditionally they would cut them up more or even grate it) then leave them with some salt in a colander to drain some liquid. Later on, pat the cucumbers dry and mix into yoghurt, add dill/mint, lemon juice and garlic to taste (and salt and pepper).
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin purée with pumpkin pie spice and sweetener of choice.

Applesauce and cinnamon.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with honey
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I like to mix in any really ripe fruit but especially slightly overripe peaches. YUM! toasted oats are also delicious in yogurt. Back when I was able to have wheat, I'd mix toasted honey wheat germ into it and it was delicious.

For savory, I like to use greek yogurt and dollop it on spicy chicken tacos, or I add salt and strain it through a cheese cloth to make yogurt cheese called labaneh (tastes like cream cheese sort of) . Another good savory use is to add some onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne and chunks of bleu cheese or gorgonzola and use it as a dip.

YOGURT ROCKS!
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I always have plain greek yogurt in my fridge, specifically because of how versatile it is! As far as mixins go, I enjoy adding nuts and seeds like pistachios, almonds, or sunflower seeds, granola, dried fruits, sliced fruit or berries, honey, nut butters, maple syrup, vanilla or other extract (very easy to make at home too!), and maybe a sprinkling of grated chocolate.

On the savory side, it makes a great base for dips, sauces, and dressings. I use it to thicken soups as well.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, granola, and a bit of sweetener
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Currently my breakfast is a small amount of muesli refrigerated overnight with plain yoghurt (so it soaks it up deliciously!), then topped the next morning with an orange and some pitted cherries. I get hungry when I'm trying to sleep thinking about it for breakfast the next day!

Also, plain or greek yoghurt mixed with crumbled fetta, lemon juice and pepper is a fantastic dip. Depending on the ingredients you use, it can be really low in calories, but high in flavour!
  • veggieluvr45
    veggieluvr45 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love an apple, all chopped up, and a bit of vanilla in mine. No sweetener needed. The vanilla brings out the natural sweetness from the fruit and yogurt. If I have the calories to spare for the day I put some walnuts on top.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Im a fan of blueberries (I typically get the frozen......from the frozen food section......they are a little bit pricier....but they last a whole lot longer......lol. So that IMHO, makes money sense.....justifies the extra couple dollars.....