Exercising At Home

Options
Hello! I was wondering, for those who exercise at home, what are your go-to exercises? What do you enjoy the most? We have some home equipment at the house but it's blocked right now with boxes of my late grandmother's stuff we still have to sort through, so I can't get to it right now. Right now I can't afford to go to the gym or buy any sort of new work out items so I've taken up walking, but I'm trying to think of other things I can do at home in the meantime that would help in my journey to lose weight and be healthier. Thank you! :)

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I truly believe everyone needs a "go-to" workout. One that you can not make excuses (no travel, doesnt matter what the temperature is, no matter how busy you are) Typically the ones you can do right at home, are the ones that apply.

I use Leslie Sansone DVD's with weights. This is really good for times I am sore or just want a more relaxed workout. I also do anything Turbo on more intense days but dont feel up to going to the gym.
  • flutterbye811
    flutterbye811 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do not have a gym membership anymore, so discovering Fitnessblender.com (plus having a lot of great areas/parks to walk around in my city) has made me not miss 24 hour fitness one bit. :)
  • SkinnyUppie
    Options
    Bodyweight workouts! There are a couple of Jillian Michaels DVDs like the Cardio Kickboxing that don't require anything except yourself.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing
    JM Youtube videos
    Pilates
    Yoga
    Blogilates
    Dumbbells
    Barbells
    Resistance bands
    Kettle bells
    Stationary bike
    Treadmill
  • jennalliver
    Options
    I am a gamer so i found the workout games for my kinect worked best if you have one that way i can try to pretend I'm having fun lol if not i would just stick with the standard crunches planks squats and lunges jogging in place...ect
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    These are my foolproof go to exercises for at home;

- Pushups
    - Plank
    - Squats (you can make these harder by increasing to jump squats or even a medicine ball squat press)
    - Lunges (grab yourself some cheap dumbells from Target and make these harder as you get fitter)
    - Step ups/Knee ups (use a chair or step ladder)
    - Tricep dips (use the coffee table)
    - Abs (Situps, bicycles, jack knifes, straight leg sit ups etc...)
    - Mountain Climbers
    - Skipping
    - Hip Raises
    - Glute Kick Backs
    - Leg raises

There are a few really inspirational people on instagram/facebook who are stay at home mums or simply cannot afford a gym and show you workouts from home, but as you can see from the list above there is plenty to get you started :)
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The closest i have to gym equipment in my home is a set of skipping ropes, stairs that i run up and down for 20-30 minutes daily and a computer which provides workout programs that do not consist of the need for exercise equipment. Still keeps me fit!
    Although I do go to the gym.
  • candyliquor
    Options
    Thank you all so much! It didn't even occur to me to check out YouTube for at home work out videos, well now I have something to do later! Now I can pick a couple things and mix it up every now and then. I heard somewhere that it's a good idea to never do the same thing too often so your body doesn't get too used to it. I have no idea if that's true or not, but it sounds like a good idea!