lost motivation!!

Options
Heyy everyone!
I am so heartbroken and disappointed in myself. I lost about 80 pounds, but i completely lost motivation and gained maybe 50 back, im not sure, im too scared to step on a scale. initially, i was very determined, but now i cant even eat healthy for one day, i used to work out six days a week, but i dont at all now, because i recently started a new job that is 530 am to 2 pm (i wake up at 430 am and go to bed at 8 pm) and when i get off work i am too exhausted to work out, because my job is very physically demanding. i really miss working out, but i am just so tired after work.

What i need help with is finding my motivation again, i am so desperate, disgusted, and upset with myself for letting this even happen. Can anyone offer me some advice, or share a similar experience. sorry if it seems like i was rambling a bit, i just would really like some support.

Thank you soo much :)

Replies

• love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    The past is the past you can't change yesterday, but you can change tomorrow. stepping on the scale is the first step, it's hard when you know you've gained. but you just have to bite the bullet and do it. The good thing is at least you know how to lose weight, you lost 80 lbs and that's a lot. 50lbs is nothing compared to what some people have to lose or re-lose. I think the biggest motivation for me is just the scale each week, im happy with even a pound because they add up quick. good luck!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    There are ways to get in a quick workout that burns something which is better than nothing.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration as I dealt with the ups and downs in my weight for a long time. I am now down 106 lbs and my wife has lost 80 lbs in 2 years. I'd like to encourage you. Feel free to add me!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Let's do this! I'd lost over 50 pounds...then gave up on myself and let depression win and gained 55. Now I'm heading back in the right direction and I want to stick to it this time! Feel free to friend me!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I think it is easy to quit taking care of ourselves. I lost 45 lbs and put back on 15 and knew I would have it all back on but got back on track logging my calories here and I know it is a terrible feeling to lose control. You can do it. You have to put yourself first, make yourself a priority and be willing to do the work. It is hard work but worth it. I would not worry about the exercise which is only 20% of it, just dwell on the food part right now. I exercised for a year and did not lose anything. When I got my food right I was fine.

Like someone else says, bite the bullet and weigh, take the first step then continue
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I hear you!! I recently took a Grad level intersession course (a full semester in 5 weeks). I was working full time & going to school 3 nights a week until 10 pm. When I got home I had to prepare lunches and dinner for my family for the next day. This was with grading papers and doing my homework for class. It was stressful and in 5 weeks I put back on 10 lbs of the 50 I have lost. I was very discouraged and didn't know where to start to fix it and almost gave up.
    Then I realized that a lot of my energy level (or lack thereof) came from the crappy foods I was eating while I was in time pinches and too tired to care. SO I started by looking at & fixing my diet faux pas... I banned the drive thru, started Sunday Prep Day (I made lots of healthy snacks and meals for the WHOLE WEEK for myself), and took it one big-girl step at a time.
    I found that eating healthier made me more energized and motivated and the scale started moving BEFORE I even worked exercise back in...
    Long story short: Your life has shifted and so must your routine, but just like when you started this journey you can't do it all at once. Pick one thing to fix today. When you feel in control of that, fix something else. Remember that your healthy journey is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE, not a fad diet. To make it last you'll have to figure out how it fits in your new routine.
    Great work so far, and keep your chin up. Asking for help & support is a sign that you are already back on the right track.
    YOU GOT THIS!!!! YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!!!
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel, I'm in the same boat right now. Don't be so hard on yourself...start back by setting small goals for yourself. The past is exactly what it is...leave it there.The present and the future is what that is important now. LOVE YOURSELF!:flowerforyou:
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Barring a medical condition, no one gets that overweight unless there are psychological issues driving the overeating to that extent. The best thing you can do is address the underlying issues by finding yourself a good therapist and starting to work through them. Until then, 1) you're going to continue to yo-yo between motivation and self-loathing as you eat all the weight back that you had previously lost, 2) no training or diet advice in the world is going to make a bit of difference over the long-run until you figure out how you got to that point in the first place.
  • SusanKKO
    SusanKKO Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I can relate to your situation having lost a significant amount of weight only to get complacent, slip and regain the weight and to repeat this multiple times. I know the embarrassment and shame of feeling like a failure in this area of life, all the while being successful in many other areas. And, the struggle and failure to make it through a day, without getting off track while knowing that at times staying on track can be so easy. I ask what changed? Why is it so hard at times and so easy at others? I can only answer the question by realizing that when I get completely disgusted, I change my ways, but it's a slippery slope. Once I start looking good, I tend to start slipping up. I've also done the 6 times a week workout routine too. Don't give up, it's a journey and for people who struggle with food issues, it's a life long effort.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Open your diary for personalized advice, but according to your ticker you want to lose 27 lbs. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and be patient. Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Get a digital food scale and weigh everything you eat—even packaged food. Logging works.

The advice in the Sexypants post worked for me: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants