Ladies, favorite bra style/brand/fabric/true to cup size?

Options
Megan101792
Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
Ladies, since most of us are here to lose weight and we lose the girls or need to support them more, I thought maybe we could spill our secrets on what bra each one likes, the brand, the fabric, and if it is true to cup size.

Replies

• arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    well, i was having a lot of luck with cacique from Lane Bryant but since then i gained weight and lost weight and i need to go get sized again
  • Megan101792
    Options
    I ask the question because I have yet to find good supportive bra. Found awesome workout bra but nothing for everyday usage that I like
  • moniduh
    moniduh Posts: 100
    Options
    I like Victoria Secret "body" I think it's called. Pretty comfy and keeps the girls up.
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Because of where I live, I pretty much only have luck with buying my bras from Dillards. I am 42 J, and to make a long story short, I get what I can find. Lol! I have never purchased a sports bra. Lol!
  • Megan101792
    Options
    Well this sports bra sucks you in and then I wear another one over it as it gives support and everything but I have my cup runneth over and still have movement that I don't.
  • Megan101792
    Options
    I like vs too but always out of dd or ddd
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    i haven't been able to find anything at VS since my last two kids -- my boobs got bigger with each one :huh:
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Bali Live It up. I have been wearing this one for years.
  • jayjay159
    jayjay159 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My favourite bra is the barely there by Berlei. I'm in NZ and I think Berlei is an Australian brand so not sure where else it is uavailable. They are super comfy, true to size, provide great support and the they have a lot of sizes. I am an E cup and I won't wear anything else for day-day wear.
  • kate23456
    kate23456 Posts: 2
    Options
    You need to go and have a fitting as each brand and style fit differently if you are spilling over your bra it is because you are wearing the wrong size. if you find it necessary to double up on bras you are definitely wearing something that doesn't fit you!
  • jayjay159
    jayjay159 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Also, if you haven't heard of the 'swoop and scoop' you should google it and then try it. I was wearing a cup-size two sizes too small until I tried this method in the shops. Way more accurate than being 'professionally fitted', in my opinion.
  • agousetis
    agousetis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd like to chime in here on behalf of "my better half".... She has lost over 65 lbs and has had good luck at a store called "Aerie" .
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Bobbie Brooks, sold at Dollar General. It is the white lace bra with the horizontal seam across the cups. It runs slightly on the small side in cup size and band size. I only purchase bras with a horizontal seam across the cups, and not underwired, and not with any padding or contouring. World's best bra, a $6 bra at Dollar General! Who knew?
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I need to go get measured myself - since losing weight all the cups are with lots of room and my crutch got caught in one gaping space yesterday at work...that was embarrassing to have to stop clutching down the hall to unsnarl myself.

Before I went to Lane Bryant as well but I'm finding the quality has really gone downhill in recent years.
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'd like to chime in here on behalf of "my better half".... She has lost over 65 lbs and has had good luck at a store called "Aerie" .

Aw ww they're cute! Unfortunately I'm a DD I'd be spilling out of these training bras ;)
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    If you're getting yourself fitted and they're doing it with a tape measure then they're doing it wrong!

There's some good info here http://www.bravissimo.com/perfectfit/ and if you're in the UK and can get to one of their stores then I highly recommend Bravissimo for larger sizes.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wacoal

Seriously the best! Pretty, can be sexy, and make your "girls" look like women!
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    32hh ..balconette or plunge..keep them where theyre supposed to be..unless you want to minimise and squash them down (which is unhealthy) Good brands are freya, panache, miss mandalay ,curvy kate , anne summers.. true to size , nice shape (my boobs are round, why squeeze them down and flat and pointy with a bra?) , well supported, last for years, comfortable and pretty plus thinner straps on larger cups too.
  • agousetis
    agousetis Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Aw ww they're cute! Unfortunately I'm a DD I'd be spilling out of these training bras ;)

Yeah she went from a D cup down to a B cup with her weight loss......she wasn't too happy, to say the least.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Check out this link, ladies. It helped me considerably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jk55ep4XUQ