My weight loss is not happening :(

Options
I cannot lose any weight. I am counting calories, going to the gym 3-4 times a week, meeting with a trainer and drinking so much water I feel like a fish. Somehow I have not been able to lose any more weight. I have been feeling very discouraged lately. I am trying very hard but don't see any results. When I started with MFP I weighed 176. I went down to 165 which made me feel great. My goal is to weigh 155 I am currently 170lbs and the scale does NOT want to budge. My trainer is working on toning my body. I am getting married in October and would like to lose at least 10lbs by then. Can anyone help!
Thanks for all your time.
-Nat

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome to the MFP boards. You should probably be aware that it's against the community guidelines to post the same topic to more than one board.

Some things that could help us figure out what's going wrong for you:

First, how long has it been since you last saw a drop on the scale? A week or three would be well within the usual water weight stalls people see when they make changes to their routine (extra workouts mean extra water weight!), or from things like hormones, TOM, sodium, cheat days, etc.

Second, would you be willing to open your diary so that we can take a look? It can really help to see what might be happening.

Third, how accurate is your logging? Are you skipping anything (condiments, cooking oils, cheat days, veggies, etc)? Are you using a food scale, measuring cups, or estimating your portion sizes (those are three separate options)? Are you eating back any of your earned exercise calories and if so what method are you using to estimate your burn (MFP estimates, gym machine readouts, HRM, etc)?
  • LanaC1210
    LanaC1210 Posts: 37
    Options
    I would review your diet and caloric intake. Keep up your workouts with cardio and weight training. Rember muscle burns fat! Also make sure you stay hydrated! Even 1% dehydrated causes your metabolism to slow down!