Fat burn

Options
Is anyone getting bombarded with adds for fat burn or Swanson calorie mate on their screen? This is day 12 for me . I have increased my workouts going to an extra class at the gym . I gained 2 lbs this week.! I am going to see my doctor as this is weird. I am at my heaviest. It really bothers me!

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Is anyone getting bombarded with adds for fat burn or Swanson calorie mate on their screen? This is day 12 for me . I have increased my workouts going to an extra class at the gym . I gained 2 lbs this week.! I am going to see my doctor as this is weird. I am at my heaviest. It really bothers me!
    Your weight will have increased due to the increased exercise and the water gain associated with that. It will settle down. Also your body will naturally vary up to 5 pounds a day anyway and with weightloss not being linear the 2 pound gain is bound to be perfectly normal
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    That ads are based on the individual and what they search for. Essentially, it's google stalking you.

And water weight is normal during exercise. Do something for a month or two and then adjust. If you want us to look at your diary and provide suggestions, you can make it public.
  • debrakhan
    debrakhan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I lost 107lbs 2 1/2yrs ago, and have managed to maintain the loss with exercise, but since January I have put on 5lbs and I am eating 1200 calories a day which is what MFP recommended and I am now exercising twice a day to try and get rid of the 5lbs, I do cardio in the mornings and then either weights or yoga in the afternoons, but the scales won't go down, in fact last week I put on a pound, I am so upset, that it is becoming really hard to stay focused, I am 54 and I have never exercised so much since I was a child, but my body isn't getting tighter and everything still jiggles, I really am despondent, Also I know I am going to sound really thick, but this has been bugging me for years, I don't understand how the calorie burn works, if I am on 1200 a day, and here goes, do I have to burn 1200 a day as well? means I have to exercise all day, also when I put in my exercise for the day into MFP it adds it to my daily total, and when I have finished I am always under and I get the message telling me I need to eat more, but as you can see this is not possible as I just pick up weight, I am getting so confused. HELP:sad:
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I lost 107lbs 2 1/2yrs ago, and have managed to maintain the loss with exercise, but since January I have put on 5lbs and I am eating 1200 calories a day which is what MFP recommended and I am now exercising twice a day to try and get rid of the 5lbs, I do cardio in the mornings and then either weights or yoga in the afternoons, but the scales won't go down, in fact last week I put on a pound, I am so upset, that it is becoming really hard to stay focused, I am 54 and I have never exercised so much since I was a child, but my body isn't getting tighter and everything still jiggles, I really am despondent, Also I know I am going to sound really thick, but this has been bugging me for years, I don't understand how the calorie burn works, if I am on 1200 a day, and here goes, do I have to burn 1200 a day as well? means I have to exercise all day, also when I put in my exercise for the day into MFP it adds it to my daily total, and when I have finished I am always under and I get the message telling me I need to eat more, but as you can see this is not possible as I just pick up weight, I am getting so confused. HELP:sad:

Do you use a food scale? Also, there are many days not logged, which means you are probably eat a lot more than you think. Also, if you just started exercising, you will have water retention.
  • debrakhan
    debrakhan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi yes I use a food scale it even comes on holiday with me, must to my families disgust. I am on weight watchers so i track my food daily on there. I get scared to try any new food either, and I treat myself once a week to a weight watchers treat only, must say I am dying to have a ice-cream, but even if I just look at one the weight hops on.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Hi yes I use a food scale it even comes on holiday with me, must to my families disgust. I am on weight watchers so i track my food daily on there. I get scared to try any new food either, and I treat myself once a week to a weight watchers treat only, must say I am dying to have a ice-cream, but even if I just look at one the weight hops on.

The problem I am seeing is there are several days in the past few weeks that are not logged. It's possible you are not accurately tracking your calories.

Do you know if you have any medical conditions (PCOS, etc..) or gone through menopause? And have you gotten blood work lately?
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss, that's Awesome!! Are you drinking plenty of water? Also, are you eating enough with the exercise that you're doing? In looking at your diary, you consume about 1200 calories but don't eat back your exercise calories.