Help! Any slimming aids

Options
Help! I'm really struggling to lose the last few lbs I need to, I've tried Raspberry Keynotes and they have not helped me at all. Just wondering if anyone else had tried any other slimming aids to help them along and give them a little boost to carry on :) xx

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    NO such duck. If there were a magic slimming aid - it would be marketed and people would be raving about it and their success. Never happens.

Hard work, eating right for your goals, patience. It's all you need. Especially the patience part.
  • mishmash_86
    Options
    Lol I suppose your right. I just can't seem to loose anything else now I'm stuck and just need a boost to get me back on track xx
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Exercise and a Calorie Deficit.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    NO such duck. If there were a magic slimming aid - it would be marketed and people would be raving about it and their success. Never happens.

Hard work, eating right for your goals, patience. It's all you need. Especially the patience part.

THIS.

Eat a deficit, resistance train, moderate cardio. You can do it!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    My best slimming aid is mfp database and a pair of digital food scales - no magic pill or 'diet' - sorry.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Exercise and a Calorie Deficit.

Absolutely this. I am down to my last 8 pounds and am REALLY having a hard time getting below where I am right now. I'm not too terribly worried about it, tho, because it's basically vanity pounds, and I'm the size I want to be; it's just a mental thing with me about the scale number. :smile:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Nope...eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight, there's no pills needed
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    If you aren't already, replace calorie heavy drinks with water. Water helps your body and the reduction of calories will help you lose weight. But as everyone has said, there is no magic solution and anything you take could harm your body in some other way or cause you to gain all the weight back once you stop taking it.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to echo what everyone else has said. Weight loss is a long, slow, sometimes frustrating process. There *is* no quick fix slimming aid. What you really need is a calorie deficit, and a reason to stick with it.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    if you want to fool yourself and the scale... one word... sweat... work harder than you ever have... push yourself... go hard on cardio.. go hard on HIIT... exercise constantly and consistently...
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Agreed. There are lots of supplements to help with various nutritional requirements, but I haven't seen or heard of anything that works the way you're describing.

If you've hit a plateau, you might change things up in your exercise routine and maybe even your diet a bit. However, as has been said, exercise and eating at a calorie deficit are the two things to stay focused on.
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Yes I have one that works great. It's called a caloric deficit. The only things you need to purchase are a cheap digital food scale and food.
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Agreed. There are lots of supplements to help with various nutritional requirements, but I haven't seen or heard of anything that works the way you're describing.

If you've hit a plateau, you might change things up in your exercise routine and maybe even your diet a bit. However, as has been said, exercise and eating at a calorie deficit are the two things to stay focused on.

This... especially the part about changing things up. Humans are creatures of habit and our bodies get used to those habits (good or bad). Shake your body up and you should see new results. :)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Help! I'm really struggling to lose the last few lbs I need to, I've tried Raspberry Keynotes and they have not helped me at all. Just wondering if anyone else had tried any other slimming aids to help them along and give them a little boost to carry on :) xx

Diet and exercise. You need to burn more than you are taking in and build muscle so that it fills in where the fat used to be. A pill isn't going to do it for you.
  • mishmash_86
    Options
    I already go to slot of exercise classes as it is, Zumba kettlecie, walking and maybe a DVD too. I'm pushing myself as hard as I can on the calories I have. I never go over my recommended daily allowence xx