Playing with balls against walls

Options
Mr_Boy
Mr_Boy Posts: 42 Member
I quite like pretending I'm a kid and kicking a ball against a wall, or practising tennis rallies against a wall - in both cases trying to keep it going as long as possible without letting the ball hit the ground, or bounce, or whatever - it's certainly proper exercise as I end up pretty sweaty and with football have to take a breather every few minutes!

But I have no idea what to put in for calorie burn. Would I be too far wrong to just look up figures for football and tennis do you think?

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Create your own entry.

Also, lol.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I would say 1 calorie every time your ball hits the wall!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    There is an entry for handball under the cardio heading. That's probably close.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Sounds...painful.

DIYVasectomy
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    If alone----make a friend.
    If with partner---log as sex.:wink:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    bout tree fiddy
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    It depends. Do you use one leg or one arm only or do you train both sides?
  • Mr_Boy
    Options
    Create your own entry.
    I can create an entry "playing with balls" but what to put as calories/hour?

I reckon 250 per 30min is probably close-ish, similar to other low-ish intensity stuff. I just don't want to overestimate.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have nothing helpful to add, but I like your thread title :drinker:

ETA: Are you sure "playing with balls" isn't already in the database?

ETA2: There is a football/baseball, playing catch option.
  • Mr_Boy
    Options

I wish I could add to the main sports database like I can submit food... then I'd definite add "playing with balls" ;)
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I wish I could add to the main sports database like I can submit food... then I'd definite add "playing with balls" ;)

I don't know about adding to the main database, but you can add it as a personal activity (I'm pretty sure), at least then it will show up on your news feed (beware that some people may find it a bit creepy and you may lose some friends).
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Do you have any type of tracker? A Fitbit or a HRM? They are a good investment if you are doing activities that aren't as obvious for a calorie count. I have both, and usually wear both and then compare the estimates. My kids have a couple games they play, bouncing a racquetball against the garage door. :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I'm getting all hot and bothered up in hrrrr.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    bout tree fiddy

If I knew why that makes me snort laughter every time I read it, I'd probably learn a lot about the inner workings of my mind.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    No touching
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options

I don't know about adding to the main database, but you can add it as a personal activity (I'm pretty sure), at least then it will show up on your news feed (beware that some people may find it a bit creepy and you may lose some friends).

Those are friends that it is probably ok to lose....unless you want to use the stick in their rear end to help play with your balls.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Those are friends that it is probably ok to lose....unless you want to use the stick in their rear end to help play with your balls.

Sticks are fun too. Be careful to not scratch... NVM, that's pocket pool...