Yoga

Options
I did my first yoga class yesterday morning and thought I was doing really well. But I am SO SORE today. Is this normal? Was I doing something wrong?

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    It sounds normal to me..... but I use muscles in yoga that I didn't know I had...
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It's pretty normal. Yoga stretches muscles you probably don't really use so don't worry about it. It gets easier with time!
  • christenapanzone
    christenapanzone Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's normal. Don't worry.
  • rcrea
    rcrea Posts: 80
    Options
    Oh yeah, that's completely normal. You get a much bigger workout than you think your getting with yoga. It will get better with time, but as you progress you'll know when it's time to move on to more challenging positions. Take it slow at first so you don't hurt yourself. Enjoy it, it's so good for you!
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've been doing yoga for around a year, took a couple of months off and had my first class again a few days ago and the soreness is completely normal. I usually feel it the most two days after the class, but don't be concerned. It means your muscles are working, and ones we don't normally use are getting a workout!
  • kris2683
    kris2683 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds normal..make sure you stretch a lot before and after & drink a ton of water. Also when you first start be sure to go at your own pace. Sometimes it is helpful to take a one on one session with the instructor to make sure your doing the positions correctly. Good Luck!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Thank you all, glad to know the pain is normal. I'm gonna stick with it. javascript:add_smiley('ohwell','post_body')
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I definately was sore after the first time I tried to yoga. It works your muscles in different ways than other activities you may tried.

Shannon