Football snacks?

Options
I'm a hugh football fan with my Bears playing a big game next week then Superbowl I really need some help on snacks used to be bbq ribs, chips, cheese dip everything unhealthy that put me where I am, this time is different so does anyone have recipes or ideas that's share thank you so much in advance, oh and feel free to add me if you'd like.

Replies

• aunfire82
    aunfire82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can never go wrong with a veggie tray. I like to cut up green and red bell peppers and have hummus with it while watching football.
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Me too...but my Ravens are out...BOO!!! Anyhow, I like to do ground turkey meatballs with marinara or ground turkey chili, veggies and dip (sour cream with ranch packet), fruit salad, chicken or cubed beef kabobs. The kabobs are usually a hit because you can just pick them up and eat them but a bit of a pain to make. But I do peppers, onions and potatos with some type of meat and you can marinate them and do them in the broiler of your oven. Or you can do them with shrimp or scallops too or add mushrooms and other veggies.
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well the good news it that you probably only need snack ideas for one week, because the PACKERS are going to the Superbowl!!!

:wink:
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    How about baked chicken wings or baked skinless boneless wings. Turkey Meatballs, chips and salsa is not all that bad for you if you don't eat a whole bag of chips.
  • JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    Hummus and veggies, laughing cow cheese and TLC Crackers, Salsa and pita chips. Those would be my favorites.

So sorry about the Ravens.. BAHAHAHAH

GO STEELERS!!!! =)
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Try making wings but bake them instead!! And I buy just the fresh raw drummettes at the meat counter. Sprinkle with a chili powder, salt and pepper, and a tiny bit of olive oil. Bake at like 425 until crispy. Then toss with frank's red hot that has been heated up in the pan with about 1 Tbsp butter. Make your dipping sauce with reduced fat blue cheese crumbles, salt and pepper, and non fat greek yogurt. I am a wing nut, and these taste like the real thing. Better if you ask me. Serve with celery and carrots (because you are going to want to get the last bits of that dip somehow). This is from the cook this not that cookbook.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Spinach dip can be made low calorie.
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    For the person who said chicken kabobs they have stubs chicken marinade that's not all that bad for you and it would taste great with those. Green Pepper, whole small tomatoes, onions yummm. I think we might have to make that this week. Thanks
  • PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love football too, but i'm a GIANTS fan. You can't cut everything out of your life. Work out really good in the a.m that day, so you already have a lil extra room for calories. Get some fresh fruits & veggies & try to fill up as much as you can on them before indulging into the "good" (bad) stuff. You can also check out this site, seems to have a nice variety of foods :-)

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=60647
  • Athena76
    Athena76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much, I'm new at this just on my second week in I've always done Atkins so this is all different for me but have to admit I'm loving this better, but win or lose next week I'm still doing a superbowl party :) then on to Nascar
  • arbtigger
    arbtigger Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi...I too am a huge football fan. I love the Cowboys!! Here is a great site that I found from Eating Well. Some of these sound really good. http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/super_bowl_1
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    Chili! there's a lot of healthy ways to make chili and even some canned stuff isn't that high in calories. As far as dips, hungry girl has a great 7 layer dip on hungry-girl.com and baked not fried tortilla chips. Also 98% fat free hot dogs, lower calorie buns, use non fat greek yogurt instead of sour cream, totally yummy. grilled cheese can be made for 150 cal per sandwich with low calorie bread and weight watcher 1 slice per two pieces of bread. veggie tray to fill up on that before hitting the main table. Have diet sodas and waters available, as well as the regular stuff. boca burgers, reduced calorie buns. ketchup, stay away from mayo and regular creamy condiments, use the substitutions like nonfat greek yogurt (tastes the same as fat free sour cream, but more nutritious) instead. Also, I recommend the riblets which can be pricey like $3.99 per package, but they are delicious and waay better for you than traditional ribs. And they are microwaveable, and terrific on a french roll.