Tesco's Diets?

Options
Is any one else doing this? Has any one ever done it?

I've just signed up. It's a subscription service and it basically gives you a menu that calorie controlled and is suited to your needs.
If you want you can even order the food from Tesco online.

I was just wondering if anyone had done it and your thoughts.

Replies

• Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Tesco just think of everything don't they? Didn't know they had a diet though! May be interesting to look at.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    They've got lost of different diets for different needs. I've chosen the GI diet.

I think it's going to be really useful for me because it plans my food for the week and hopefully it'll stop me making bad food choices.

The ability to get it all delivered is nice but I think since I know I can get the veg cheaper off my local market I might get it from there instead.
  • Bobble2610
    Options
    I've never heard of it... But if all it is doing is counting your calories, surely you can do that yourself and do it cheaper and more effectively by buying what you want instead of what a supermarket chain tells you to buy?
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    From what I've read and learned about weight loss/management, it's best to have as few hands on my food as possible. The closer it is to being right out of the field, the better. It takes more time to make things vs. buying ready made, but I can make better progress and learn better habits that I'll need for the rest of my life.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    While it's true that you could just get a book and follow it that way. I've tried that and FAILED. Many many times.

Also if I buy what I want, what I want is cupcakes, pizza and Indian food. Not really great weight loss food.

What this does is plan your meals and then gives you a shopping list that. What that means for me is I only need to buy exactly what I'm going to eat. If you shop at Tesco's it'll even arrange the shopping list into specific aisles, so you don't have to go elsewhere.

And if you want it to all be pre packed food then you can get a menu with that but the plan I'm on is mostly home cooked. It gives you the recipes and tells you what to buy. You then have to cook it yourself. This is also a whole new thing for me as I don't cook and have never been very good at it. This might hopefully build up my confidence.
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been with Tesco Diets for almost four years!! Not because I needed to lose a lot of weight, but I have stayed with them because I have made so many friends on the message boards, I have been moderating one of the boards for the last two years+ which gives me free membership.

Lots of my friends "do" the GI Plan, I have lots of weird food allergies so I follow the Totals plan which is a points based plan.

I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Come and say hi on the Little to Lose board!!

Mandy xx