What do you guys think of this article?

Options
llaurenmarie
llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
http://www.minq.com/food/1601/10-food-pairings-that-could-be-making-you-sick?os=true

Some of it makes sense with feelings I get after eating a few, but I don't think all their 'facts' are on point.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    except for the beer and liquor one it sounds like pseudoscience
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I also hate this 'list' article trend.
  • BigT555
    Options
    I also hate this 'list' article trend.
    me too. and if im gonna read something i dont want to have to click an arrow to see the next item, thats just annoying
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Load of BS.

They don't even cite any sources for what they believe are bad pairings.

And I'm sorry but I eat at least 6 of those pairings and it's never had adverse effects on me. Except maybe the beans, which cause gas, with or without cheese. So again, that's a load of BS. I'll be damned if I give up my steak & potatoes.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think of this article?

Didn't read it.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    This is the BIGGEST load of Bro-Science I've seen in a long time.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Total crap unless maybe you have GI issues, I do but I don't have trouble with any of those combinations.

I'm having steak and a baked potato for dinner tonight, yum...
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It’s absurd. The fruit one I copied below has typos and poor grammar and offers absolutely no good reasoning as to why fruit salad would be bad.

“You may combine melons with melons but when you combine melons with other types of fruit, you may feel sick. Even though this mixture seams like it would be healthy, it makes a lot of people feel sick because the mixture has their own digestive problems together.”
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    http://www.minq.com/food/1601/10-food-pairings-that-could-be-making-you-sick?os=true

Some of it makes sense with feelings I get after eating a few, but I don't think all their 'facts' are on point.

Sorry, I couldn't get past the 'you should never mix two animal proteins at a time'. :laugh:
  • LambrettaVVespa
    LambrettaVVespa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    HAHA.

The Beans and Cheese one made me laugh. Beans and anything can give you gas. Beans by themselves can give you gas. Cheese has barely anything at all to do with that.

Definitely wouldn't count it as a credible source of information.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Complete hogwash.

Yes, I said hogwash.
  • DanielCathers
    DanielCathers Posts: 53 Member
    Options

I forget what the conclusion was, but Mythbusters had an episode on this saying.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It looked like a slide show?

Anyways everytime the reason was "oh, it will make your stomach have a hard time digesting your food".

Also in me experience melons and "non-melons" go really Really REALLY well together. Just sayin'.:wink:
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was going to read the article but decided my time was better spent in the gym.
  • BigT555
    Options

I forget what the conclusion was, but Mythbusters had an episode on this saying.
    all i know is whenever i mix the two i dont have to bother counting calories because i can count on my stomach being emptied at some point in the night
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    It's a pant load.

In fact, that entire site is a pant load. The exercises before a race? Bad ideas. European healthier than Americans. Pfff. (I'm in Europe)

List upon list of bad info.
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    I was going to read the article but decided my time was better spent in the gym.
    win
  • llaurenmarie
    Options

all i know is whenever i mix the two i dont have to bother counting calories because i can count on my stomach being emptied at some point in the night
    very accurate
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Whenever it's an "article" my expectation is that is unscientifically supported. Not always, but it seems that 90% of the time it's just opinionated.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • llaurenmarie
    Options
    If I saw eggs and bacon I would've flipped my ish