Getting Ripped??

Options
Hi all,

First post on here but I've been using the calorie counter for a while now....

About 18 months ago I was about 13st 6 and 6 ft tall with a bit of a belly and never really worked out. I counted calories for a couple of months to see what I could do and lost about 6 lbs before forgetting about it over Christmas and I didn't go back to it.

Joined the gym at the beginning of Dec 10 weighing 13st 6 again! and having been giving it my all! I was on 1450calories a day according to mfp until last week when I weighed in at 12st 9 which pushed me up to 1600 calories. During December I was do a fair bit of cardio but not INTENSE. had a good new year but didn't lose sight of the fact that I didn't need to go mad and didn't put on weight really. At the beginning of Jan I started hitting the gym with a friend who has been big into the gym for years and wouldn't look out of place on the front of 'Mens Health'!

Im currently doing my calorie count which has got so easy that when I have chance for a day off I still pretty much stick to my goal as Im used to eating good stuff and Im basically inhaling protein shakes and eggs as well as fish and chicken.... Im doing pretty intense weight workouts 5 days a week in supersets of all body parts which kills me at the time but afterwards makes me feel great. Every workout is different so our bodies don't adjust to it. I REALLY push it and dont do anything 'half arsed'! I couldn't anyway as I have my pal with me doing exactly the same (with heavier weights naturally) and he pushes me and I do the same for him!

Trying to stay away from weighing myself now as its about body shape for me but I did weigh myself tonight (bad time of day) and actually was happy that I weigh the same as last weigh in which SHOULD mean I've added muscle and lost fat as there is no way I've put fat on with my diet!

ANYWAY, not really much point to this post other than to let you know what Im doing and hopefully by summer Ill look fairly toned and by this time next year I hope to be ripped! Don't think my goals are to unrealistic??

Hope everyone is doing well and let me know if your on the same road!!!

K

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Great job, it seems that you have everything dow to a science and the fact that you have an exercise buddy really helps. Wish you good luck and keep us posted.

Have a great Sunday and don't forget to take a rest day. Our muscles need to recuperate after intense workouts.
  • kristo
    kristo Posts: 12
    Options
    cheers! actually does this site allow html or photo uploads for progress photos? they should do and Ill keep it updated!
  • kitujainen
    kitujainen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    cheers! actually does this site allow html or photo uploads for progress photos? they should do and Ill keep it updated!
    U need [ img ] photo url [ /img ] code without the spaces.
    I suggest fat burners all the athletes use them.
  • AlliDoisWin81
    Options
    40% Protein, 30% carbs, 30% Fat

or

40% pro, 40% carbs, 20% fat.

Structure carbs around weight training workouts
  • kristo
    kristo Posts: 12
    Options
    forgot to add... at least 25 mins cardio daily!